GRASPING

I've polished this anger and now it's a knife(— Cathy Linh Che)

(— Cathy Linh Che)

THOMAS (so help you god, call him Tommy) is fifteen and already tired of the world. Tom, lost within a system that's failing him (along with thousands of other children all around the world), is desperate to escape. Thomas has a plethora of unaddressed problems (including anger issues and a multitude of symptoms coinciding with those of childhood abuse!) The endless list of petty crimes on his track record in the name of 'rebellion' had made him damaged goods in the eyes of foster parents. Those who took him in have only ever seen him as a project to fix (or a cheap way to make some cash). As soon as they realized he wasn't a quick and easy 'fixer-upper' he was passed down to the next sorry lot of foster parents on a long, seemingly never-ending, list.

Tommy, dealing with the trials and tribulations of teenhood, with an axe to grind with society is placed into the hands of yet another foster family. He, for some undetermined reason, probably to due with his animosity towards authority figures or inherently self-destructive tendencies, is determined to ruin it. Tommy has...

i. An innate and fundamental human desire for love and affection (that has gone, for the most part, unquenched for the better half of his life.)

ii. The mouth of a sailor (on Oxycontin and probably five other mind-numbing drugs)

iii. an intense amount of teenage angst unparalleled by anyone on this plane of existence

iv. a burning hatred for a system that denounced him for nothing other than being apart of it

PHIL, a single adoptive parent of two twin boys reads Thomas Smiths file and decides it's his duty to take yet another child out of the cruel system. He, wholeheartedly, is determined to give Tommy a loving home that he so clearly needed.

TOMMY SMITH IS FULL OF ANGST
AND READY TO FUCK SHIT UP    !!

FROM CHILDHOOD, I NEVER
BELIEVED IN PERMANENCE;

FROM CHILDHOOD, I NEVER BELIEVED IN PERMANENCE;