Techno Teacher

That morning, Chris and Penny were at the table together, eating breakfast. Ella came in, carrying a bowl of fruit, which Penny hastily dove into, grabbing the nearest apple.

"That was my apple!" Chris cried.

"Too slow," Penny pointed to Chris. "Too fast." The girl moved her index finger to point at herself. Chris moaned.

Ella chuckled.

Soon, Mr. Tanaka came in, speaking in the phone. "Thorndyke Residence."

A pause.

"Very good, sir." He hung up the phone.

"Your father and mother have requested that I inform you that they would be stopping by for a visit this afternoon."

"Wow, Ella, they're coming to see us!" Chris smiled.

"And it's not even our birthdays!" Penny grinned, reaching out to hug Ella.

"What a nice surprise!" Ella said, hugging her back.

"Uh-oh." Penny suddenly realized something.

"Is something wrong?" Mr. Tanaka asked.

"No. We're all done. Right, Penny?" Chris asked as his sister moved for another apple. "Can we go now?" He shot her a glare. Penny whimpered and plopped her face on the table.

"My apple...." She whined.

"You already ate mine, missy! We'll be late for school." Chris walked over and grabbed her by her collar, and dragged her off, ignoring her struggles and yelps of protests. Even for a little brother, Chris was pretty strong. And he was...Penny never was able to beat him at races or other physical games when they were younger. 

Once they were gone, Ella stared at Mr. Tanaka.

"Something is up." She informed him.

Up in Chuck's attic, Chuck, Tails, Cloud, Blaze, Silver, Cream, Cheese, Amy, Tails, and Sonic were all seated together, eating hamburgers and chili dogs. Sonic looked up at Penny and smiled.

"Off to school?" He asked.

"Yup!" Penny smiled happily down at him.

"Have a great day. See you this afternoon! Or tonight if I'm not on a run."

Amy frowned at him. "You're always on the run!"

Silver chuckled. "He never slows down!"

Sonic frowned at him. "You're one to talk!"

"We've gotta get to school." Chris said, ruining the moment once again. "So Penny and I are counting on you guys to stay out of sight when our parents show up."

"Gotcha. No problem." Tails smiled.

"Yeah, sure!" Amy agreed.

"We'll stay here." Cloud promised.

"We won't be long. Mom and Dad have short visits because they both have busy schedules." Chris smiled.

Sonic suddenly frowned. He stood up, brushed himself, and walked out. Penny looked at him worriedly. "I'll catch up, Chris." She said She ran after Sonic. "Sonic, wait!"

Sonic turned around to see her running toward him. "Penny?" He asked.

"You walked out all the sudden. Is something the matter?" The girl asked him.

"Don't worry." Sonic smiled at her. "It's nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"Sure I'm sure!"