chapter 2; here we go

Start from the beginning

Niall: Are ya almost done??

Niall: I'm hungry

Niall: And my bed is cold

Niall: I need you mo :(((((((

Mona rolled her eyes, deciding to answer him because nothing interesting was coming out of the monotony of the professor's words anymore and the girl sitting next to her had long since fallen asleep. Besides, there were only ten minutes left, and knowing the way it worked, she'd be too distracted thinking about Niall to pay any more attention anyway.

Mona: Don't be so whiny.

Mona: Ask Liam to cuddle with you.

She could almost picture the way Niall frowned when he read her message, and she smiled thinking of the way his lips always curved downwards almost comically, like a literal cartoon character. She knew he read the message because the little ellipses popped up in the corner of her screen, signaling that he was typing away.

Niall: Liams with harlow

Niall: Just come home soooooon plz I'm lonely :((

Mona: Isn't Liam supposed to be in class? Why is he with Harlow?

Niall: Namona idk and idc all I know is that I'm hungry and I need food and maybe sex and cuddles

Niall: And then more food bc I get hungry after sex

Mona: I know, Niall.

Mona: Is this a booty call? I'm in class!

Mona: I thought you were trying to be all cutesy and shit.

Niall: But I AM cute

Niall: Irresistible actually ;))

Niall: Now hurry up I'm already half hard

Mona: You're disgusting.

Mona couldn't suppress the smile that had crept along her features, nor could she wait any longer to get out of the lecture hall, packing her things at lightning fast speed just in time for the professor to dismiss them with the reminder that their assignments were due the next class. Mona'd never sped faster towards the subway, simultaneously dialing the Chinese restaurant to prepare some takeout for her to pick up when she'd get off the train.

She cursed her luck when she realized that she had to refill her Metro card, the chore only keeping her away from her apartment even longer. She was glad that she only had that one lecture today, the rest of her classes scattered throughout the rest of the week.

Mona shook her head when she stepped into the train, feeling a bit like a teenager for getting so riled over a fucking text message, but that was just Niall for her. It was as if the two of them were conditioned to one another, a naughty advance from one of them was enough to get both of them going. Mona had spent months trying to understand it, what it was about their dynamic that made their relationship so damn easy. Except there wasn't a real answer, at least none that Mona could think of.

Before long, the train was halting at her stop, and she hustled out and made a bee-line for the stairs. She was so excited to get home that she almost forgot about the Chinese food she'd ordered, having to turn around about a quarter of the way through, shaking her head at her madness. The sun was now high in the sky, the hot rays blazing on the bare skin of her neck. She cursed herself for incorporating the black skinny jeans into her outfit, the constricting material now feeling awfully uncomfortable in the not-yet-midday heat.