4

Spencer was now living with the Bakers full time

Spencer was now living with the Bakers full time. He was practically there the whole time other than weekends.

Obsidian had kept herself hella busy, helping Coop, getting a job, and making sure Shawn was under control. She and Coop had been hanging out even more than before because they kept having to figure out ways to keep Shawn away.

"Here lemmie help you with this." Spencer spoke from the living room just as Obsidian got home. It was Friday night and around seven.

"Okay so find a number you can divide by 266."

"532?" Dillon asked. Math had never been his strong suit and it warmed Obsidian's heart to see him finally start to get it. Spencer looked over and saw his twin before running to enclose her in a hug.

"Finally! I've been feeling like I haven't seen you in years!" Spencer whispered before pulling away. He flashes her a bright smile which eased Oblivion's bitterness at his zero calls.

"Spencer. This was not the deal. Your supposed to be there on the week nights and here on the weekends." Her mother spoke from the other room.

"I miss you too." Spencer charismatically joked. She heard her mother let out a groan before coming to the living room.

"You know we miss you, but you can't keep going back and forth like this. You gonna blow your shot baby." Her mother said softly. She went over to Dillon and put her hands on his shoulders. "We're good,"

~

It had been a few days since she had seen Spencer. They had a cookout, which led to the boys and their raging testosterone selves feeling the need to fight everything out. They had a football game which Beverly ended up winning which was good. Obsidian didn't really find the whole football thing interesting so she didn't pay much attention.

But Obsidians mother had just gotten a call from Billy Bakers wife. Spencer and Jordan, who Obsidian assumed to be her son, were thrown against the concrete. They were racially profiled because of the color of their skin.

  Obsidian knew how her brother got when he went through things like this. He only wanted to see one person and that was his twin. Her mother gave her a ride up to Beverly and let's just put it this way. Obsidian felt like she could eat off the concrete, it was so clean and boujee.

   She knocked on the door gently, in fear of it breaking. Everything looked so fragile here. The door was quick to open and she was met with a stunning girl. And I mean stunning. She had a light chestnut skin with curly black hair. She was quite tall, she was probably around five ft eight while Obsidian stood only at five feet and two inches. The curly haired girl seemed visibly shocked at her and almost frozen.

   "Uh. Spencer here?" Obsidian asked uncertainly. The girl was quick to fall out of her trance before moving out of the way so she could come in.

   Obsidian gave an appreciative smile before walking in. She honestly didn't know how to act. The chandelier that hung over her head looked to cost thousands if not more. She looked at the girls feet to see if she should take off her shoes, which she was met with socks, so she decided to take them off.

   "Why did you second guess a cop?" Billy Baker asked a young tan boy. They looked to be having a very heated discussion. Spencer locked eyes with Obsidian and was quick to run to her.

   He squeezed her tightly in a hug while the others watched the two twins interact. Obsidian comfortingly rubbed her arms up and down on her back. Once they pulled away the tan boy spoke up.

  "Who's this?" He asked curiously. "This your girl Spence?" He spoke with a smirk. Obsidian's face became one of disgust.

"Nah. That's my sis." Spence quickly corrected. The smirk on his face seemed to grow bigger as he realized he may have a chance with the girl.

"Obsidian is my Twin sister. Meet Jordan. Miss Baker. Mr Baker. And Olivia." Spencer introduced, pointing to each person as he named them. Billy and Jordan ended the argument with Jordan storming off to his room, Olivia following close behind. Billy and his wife decided to head up for the night as well, apologizing for his sons actions.

   "Okay but damn!" Obsidian spoke incredulously. She spun around in their living room. "This house is incredible bro." Spencer gave a nod in acknowledgement.

"I mean, I knew you was living in a nice house but this! I might need to have some sleepovers." Obsidian joked.

"Yeah. So what's up with you? How's school?" Spence asked. Obsidian visibly tensed on being asked about school which Spencer of course noticed.

"It's good. Yeah good!" Obsidian quickly lied. Spencer gave her a squinting expression, one he did when he knew she was lying.

"Whatcha mean 'good'?' Spencer said, confused. Obsidian desperately tried to think of an answer but the only answer was the truth.

   "I kind of haven't gone to school in a week or two..." Obsidian admitted. Spencer's jaw dropped before he went to yell at his twin. "Hey! No. Don't do that okay? I don't need another person telling me their disappointment. Ive just been a little busy taking care of Dill, keeping the Shawn situation covered, and my job. I've got it under control." Obsidian reassured.

"Hey, you got a job?" Spence asked curiously. Obsidian nodded in response. "Hey look. I'm proud of you." Spencer admitted as he went to hug his sister. She really was happy to see him. He had always comforted her in a way that nobody else could.

  However the job he was so proud of her for getting, was everything but clean. She was the girl that helped the drug deals with Shawn's buddies. She was now his lapdog. And sooner or later, it was going to come back and bite her in the ass.