33. The Discussion

Start from the beginning

"Help me, please"

.
.

Draco stared at the ceiling in the room. The room was bathed with the moonlight, accompanied by the violent wind blowing outside. The weather was freezing cold as the snow fell heavily. He turned to the empty side of the bed. The empty side that once belonged to Hermione. The empty space that always keep him company at night. He missed her presence, he missed her scent.

He missed her.

He missed her laughter, voice and morning whispers.

He missed her hugs and kisses comforting him.

He missed her so much.

Draco gathered all his courage and stirred up from his position. He knew it was all his fault. He remembered calling her that, and he hated himself for that. He should have been aware of what word to use despite on how anger took control of him at the very moment. His eyes shut closed as the pain in his arm burned again. His cold ice stare fell to the cursed Dark Mark.

"Fuck"

He lurked out from the room and strolled downstairs. He could smell the food prepared by Hermione in the kitchen. He missed her cook. He went into the kitchen quietly, observing the witch from the back. The witch didn't realize his presence there, so he decided to remain quiet before any other words of insult slipped out from his filthy mouth unintentionally.

"Mione"

He called with a soft tone, startling the witch. She turned to her back and was shock to see the wizard sitting on the stool while observing her doing her work. She didn't say anything and continued to finish her cooking. Levitating all the foods to the table, she sat right across him. The food remained untouched.

The air became thick and it overwhelmed their thoughts. Hermione stared down on the lace decorating the blouse, trying to avoid any conversation related to the incident 2 weeks ago. She remembered Harry and Ginny telling her that the best way was to discuss. Draco sighed before intertwining their fingers together. Salazar knew how much he missed those soft fingers.

"I'm sorry" he said, almost whispering.

"There's nothing" Hermione looked up and saw a tear falling down from Draco's eyelids. The wizard brushed it away, didn't want to get too carried away with his feelings. "I'm really sorry, it wasn't my intention to say that"

"Draco, I'm fine-" "You won't be seeing the Potters everyday if you're fine. Potter and Weaslette told me everything through letters. I don't know if that snowy got enough rest because of the letters"

"I shouldn't force you. I should give you time. It was my fault too"

Draco sighed. He didn't like this side of Hermione. He knew, she always try to make people feel positive so that she's the one apologizing. But not with him. He knew his fault better than anyone else. Though his pride was getting in the line during school days, but now the pride and ego were nothing important if he ever lose the woman in front of him. He squeezed her fingers, alerting her that she's in no place to be blamed here.

"No. I know you're worried. You're right, I didn't care about myself. I was.. I was too carried away with the thoughts"

"What were you dreaming of, actually?"

"I don't think you should know". "Draco, please"

"Just few memories. Mostly the worst ones"

"As in?" Hermione asked, curiosity was written all over her face. Draco resisted the urge of rolling his eyeballs, she deserved to know. "Death Eater, you and Aunt Bella. All those worst things I've witnessed"

"I'm sorry"

Draco sighed, he snapped a hesitant look at Hermione. He knew, deep down she wanted to know. But she resisted the urge to ask because she didn't want their conversation to lead into another fight. He took a deep breath before opening up about the same nightmare he had for almost 2 weeks. From playing with his mother, to listening to both his parents arguing, to be brought to some Muggle palace by his father in making him a Death Eater, to the assassination happened at Astronomy Tower and the last one, to the part of Hermione being tortured by Bellatrix with her cursed knife. That woman was mad. He told about a letter he sent to Narcissa just a day before the fight.

"You sent a letter to your mother?"

"Yeah, but I didn't get any reply. I just assumed her reply went somewhere else in the air. Maybe got burned by some dragon tongue"

"Draco, don't you think there's any other solution?"

"Like I said before, it's death. That's the only option"

"No! Look. Almost all the incidents happened at your family manor. There must be a solution there"

Draco sighed. "I can't go back there. I'm going to be arrested. Kingsley asked Dawlish and his stupid Aurors to guard around the Manor. All entrances were guarded. They won't let me go"

"You're saying every entrance? I supposed you know that place better"

Draco sealed his mouth. He knew the Manor better than any of the Ministry people. But he was afraid to get arrested for all the crimes he did. He didn't want to end up going mad in Azkaban. He didn't want to be in the same place where Lucius is being held. Most importantly, he didn't want to leave Hermione, Narcissa and whoever comes next. He looked at her.

"Let's wait for mother's reply"

*******
... is typing

I'm so sorry for not updating. I'm reading Isolation at the moment and it's so damn good. Those spicy parts got me LMAO.

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!