trente-et-un

MALIK ST JAMES
BROOKLYN NEW YORK

"I got too many hoes." I mumbled as I played 2k

"But they ain't you." I continued mumbling.

My phone started ringing and I saw that it was Jakari Milan's brother.

"If you ain't nasty don't at me." I sang as I paused the game and picked up the phone.

"The fuck does he want." I said to myself.

Jakari never usually calls me unless it was important.

"Yeah." I said as I picked up the call.

"It's- it's Milan she- she got shot." Jakari said in a rush.

"Ayo slow down I can't hear you who got shot?" I asked furrowing my brows.

"...Its Milan bro she got shot." Jakari said as he started to slow down his breathing.

"What? When? How did this happen? Who the fuck did this?" I started asking a million questions.

"I don't know what happened but I'm at the hospital right now." Jakari replied whimpering.

"Aight it's gonna be okay bro just text me the address." I replied and ended the call.

I don't know what the fuck happened but all I know is somebody's child is gonna die tonight.

I'm tired of niggas messing with the people I care about.

I rushed to the closet taking out a hoodie and I quickly put on my shoes. I grabbed my phone and my keys and ran downstairs almost falling over.

I quickly locked my door and ran inside my car and drove off. I stopped at a red light tapping my leg impatiently.

As soon as it turned green I immediately went not caring if I was speeding or not.

I finally made it to the hospital and I didn't even park right I just wanted to see Milan.

Grabbing my keys I ran inside to hospital towards the receptionist.

"How may I help you." The lady said smiling.

"Is Milan Johnson here." I asked panting while tapping my fingers on the table impatiently.

The woman was taking her sweet time typing on the computer.

"And you are?" She asked as she looked up.

"Um her boyfriend I mean um Malik st James." I replied.

"Okay well she will be on the third floor at room 308." The woman said pointing.

"Thank you." I said and I basically ran towards the elevator.

I pressed the button a million times before it and came and I went all the way to the third floor.

"Room 308 Room 308." I mumbled under my breath as I looked for the room.

I finally found it and I knocked on the door and went it. Everyone was quiet and the atmosphere was very weird.

I saw Aiko crying her eyes out and Shyanne next to her comforting her. Allison wasn't there some reason.

I saw Jakari with his head down and Reece next to him on his phone.

"Yo." I quietly said and I rubbed his back.

"Where's Allison?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Jdot went to go get her." Shyanne replied.