Saving Angel and Midnight!!

Start from the beginning

    I looked around to see if I could find a halter and I spotted one hanging on a hook in the shed it was ratty and old but it will have to do for now, I walked over and grabbed it walking back over to Midnight with it and knelt down in front of him with it.

    "Hey boy" I said as I gently slipped the halter on and clipped the throat latch, He blew a puff of air out weakly, I patted him on his neck as I smiled sadly..                 "Ready boy?, Are you ready to get out of here?" I asked He just heaved a sigh out, Guilt ate at me as I looked at how weak he is..   I sigh and get up and tugged on the rope, he did nothing, I did it again  still nothing, I pulled on the rope with a little more force while Trevor was saying..            "Come on boy, you can do it" And Angel was nickering encouraging him to get up,      He started to get up he was halfway up but then his front legs gave out and he collapsed back onto the floor with a big weak huff,   I sigh and bite my lip turning to Trevor I got a idea...

    "Trevor go behind his butt and when I say Push push on his butt a little not a lot just a gentle push to encourage him to get up" I said he  nodded and went behind his butt.                    "Okay now" I said as I started pulling on the rope, Trevor gently started to push on his butt and Angel kept nudging his side encouraging him to get up,          Midnight got halfway up but then again his front legs gave out and he crashed back to the floor I winced as I heard his body collide with the ground,    I sigh we need more help.

     "I'll be back" I said Trevor nodded and took Midnight's rope from me with a smile reassuring me without words that we would get him out of here, I force a small smile back I couldn't smile a real smile not in this situation its to stressful.    I walked out of the shed and over to Nikki and Lucas.            "Hey guys we need your help with something , Come on" I said gesturing with my hand to the shed then ran back to the shed with them   hot on my heels, Once we got in the shed Trevor handed me the rope back I took it and smiled in thanks to him, He walked back to behind Midnight's butt.

     "Okay Trevor when I say push gently on his butt, Nikki I need you to lightly push on his side,  Lucas when he gets halfway up I need you to put your hands under his belly and help him push the rest of the way up and Angel girl I need you to keep nudging and encouraging him to get up" I said they all nodded and Nikki went to his side so did Lucas so that when he's halfway up Lucas can do his job, Trevor was at his butt and Angel was on his other side bobbing her head up and down and nickering..

    I took a deep breath..    "Please let this work" I whispered to myself, I started to pull on the rope.             "Okay now" I said Trevor started to gently push on his butt, Nikki lightly pushed on his side and Angel was nickering and nudging his side encouraging him to get up,   He heaved himself up halfway and that's when Lucas put his hands under his belly and started to try and push him the rest of the way up...       

    "Come on boy you can do it" I said with desperation and pleading in my voice.                  "Come on boy you can do it I know you can" Trevor said Midnight tried but he couldn't and collapsed back on the ground once again, Good thing Lucas moved his hands before he collapsed to the ground, I sighed tears threatening to spill over.           "Well lets try this again" I said but Trevor came around to stand in front of me, I gave him a confused look raising a eyebrow.            

     "Can we wait a minute I want to talk with him" Trevor said I bit my lip but nodded he smiled, I handed him the rope he took it the he bent down beside Midnight, petting him and whispering things in his ear, I smiled at the sight and if we wern't in the situation we were in I would have taken a picture of the cute moment, Midnight flicked his ears to Trevor and nuzzled him,  Trevor patted him and whispered one last thing in his ear then Trevor got up and tugged on the rope lightly.