Chapter 12: Dreamer

*f/c=favorite color*

Gerard's POV:

I try my best to engage in conversation as we sit around in the basement eating pizza, but my mind is focused on something else.

It felt so different.

I've kissed a ton of girls before... obviously. But that one felt so different, and I don't know why.

It's probably just because I hate her...

"Earth to GerARRRRRRD" Frank whines as he waves his hand in front of my face.

"What" I respond in an annoyed tone.

"Jeez, we're just wondering what you're thinking about that's making you smile like that" Frank smirks as he points at my face.

"I-what no I wasn't even smiling... I was just thinking about-uhh... homework-yeah homework" I stutter. Great fucking going Gerard... but on a more important note, why WAS I smiling?

"Yeah sure" Ray says sarcastically as he rolls his eyes.

"Fuck off" I say in an unserious tone although I really do mean it.

Everyone just laughs lightly before returning to their conversation.

I don't join in because A. I'm starving and shoveling down pizza, and B. I have no idea what they're talking about, so I just watch them... well one of them.

Subconsciously, my eyes keep traveling back to Y/n.  The way her eyes light up when she's talking, the way her hair bounces slightly when she moves, her smile it's all so... b-no annoying.

Y/n's POV:

"Hey guys what should we do" Gerard actually says something for the first time in a while.

By this point, we've finished our food awhile ago, and we've just been talking about random things for about twenty minutes now.

"Hmmm... how about we watch a movie" Mikey exclaims.

"Oh yeah let's watch a horror movie" I says just as enthusiastically.

"FUCK YEAH!" Gerard's sudden outburst startles me and the other guys a bit.

"Sorry" he says sheepishly as he snatches the remote and turns the TV on.

He opens up his Netflix and I notice how all of his recommendations are horror shows and movies. That's weird...

"How about this one" he asks.

I look up to see he's stopped on the new IT movie.

"Dude, everyone's fuckin' seen that one by now" I blurt out.

Gerard rolls his eyes before he continued to scroll through the movies.

"Oooh how about that one" I say pointing at the screen.

"The Ritual?" Gerard questions.

"Yeah... I mean it looks cool enough" I mumble.

"Yeah that one works" Ray chimes in.

I smile at him for helping me out.

"If ya say so" Gerard says as he clicks on the movie.

By this point we're all cramped together on the couch with our eyes glued to the screen.  Ray was on one end, then Mikey, me, Frank, and Gerard was on the other end.

The movie starts with a group of friends in the streets talking about hiking.

As the movie goes on, Frank's remarks die down, and next to me I can feel Mikey's breathing become noticeably slower.