15.

My review of MusicalKehleigh 's fantasy novel, "When The Ocean Calls"!

Important Author's note at the end!

Cover:

It's a presentable cover. It supports the title and gives a literal character sketch. The different font styles form a compatible combination. I also like how the drawing of the girl blends with the ocean even though they are separate images.

Blurb:

The cover and title are put in a better perspective through the blurb. I love how the beginning compliments the ocean yet presents its harsh truth as well.

It also introduces the main character in an adventurous instance in her life. I was excited to see that what starts as a normal vacation leads to enchanting mythical discoveries.

I was looking forward to how Kiara was going to get through this experience and of the influence of its aftermath on her life.

Plot:

The plot moved at a pleasantly steady pace. We get to know a bit more about Kiara's personality and interests. There is also the introduction of her sister, who through reading further, seems to have a great relationship with Kiara.

The experience she eventually encounters leads to the revelation of mythical creatures, i.e, more characters.

I like how you mostly pay attention to Kiara's situation while writing, the way the fact that she's underwater is acknowledged for even some minor things. For instance, she realises she doesn't have to wipe her mouth because she's in the ocean.

Also, it's nice to see the creatures having culture, identity, norms and values beyond the rigid perceptions. The speeches of some of the mermaids sparked my curiosity and I was honestly excited that my suspicions about them were proven right eventually.

The plot has a lot of substance and did not fail to disappoint with each chapter.

Characters:

With the mermaids, things weren't what they seemed and this only made up them fascinating and thought provoking. I did like how some of the actions proved that they weren't so different from humans. It made them relatable to some extent.

The willingness of the other creatures to help Kiara was admirable and should be acknowledged whether they ended up successful or not.

Grammar:

There are some typographical and grammatical errors which should be checked. The paragraphs and spacing were okay though.

Generally,

I think you should be mindful of certain things when talking about the mythical creatures. Their features limit them from doing things humans can so you must be careful with such abilities.

Other than that, I really enjoyed your auspicious book and so would many future readers in the foreseeable future!

Thank you so much for requesting! I urge you all to check out  "When The Ocean Calls" by MusicalKehleigh !

Have a wonderful day and expect more updates soon. Keep requesting!

I don't know if anyone noticed, but I skipped two requests and reviewed this novel instead. I only did so because there are some people helping to review those novels.  They would be done as soon as they can!

Thanks for your support and have a wonderful day!