Chapter 9: Getting to know each other

Start from the beginning

"Aww, Liam. It was an accident." Liam scowls.

"Accident me arse. Ye blew up me bloody castle."

"I was bored." The girl twists her hair on her index finger and continues to look at Liam with pouting lips.

"Bored my arse. I was inside. I was bald for thirty years!" I blink and look at Liam in surprise.

"Who is this girl Liam?" He frowns and looks over at me.

"She's G.A alright. And I'll vouch fer the lass. Her name is Melissa. Mel fer short. Just get her outta here before she kills us all. And I can't tell ye what she is. I swore an oath but she's good my Queen, I swear. She's just bloody accident prone and tends to ferget that people can die." We all look at Mel, who is bouncing up and down on her tiptoes with her arms behind her back.

"It's not my fault you can die. I've never been alive so it's hard to remember what will kill you." I start to speak but Mel shakes her finger at me.

"Uh Uh, no spoilers. You'll find out what we are when the time is right. Though I am a little more than Kade."

"Hey!" I look back at Kade who is standing really close to Ash. I glare at him and he shuts his mouth. And inches a little ways from Ash. I turn back to Mel.

"Good job Queeny. So I better be going, you can trust Kade with your highness. Though I don't know how the Ash and him thing is going to work out. Anyway I've got to go. Things to blow up and all that. Any questions just say my name." With that she just disappears into thin air. I scowl at where she had been standing as Liam speaks.

"She teleported, Lass, back to where she lives. What did she mean about Ash and Kade?" I raise a brow and fight the urge to roll my eyes. I knew as soon as I saw them what they had been doing. How the hell had Liam missed it? As the guys look at me I turn around to face Kade. I make a gesture of scenting the air and look at Ash. They did the same and Ash blushes as they growl softly.

"Bloody hell lass with him? 'e's not worth yer time lassie." I elbow Liam in the side and look at the guys who apparently think of Ash as my sister, now.

"Leave them alone. They'll figure it out on their own or I'll break his legs." Kade blanches and Ash ducks her head as I speak again,

"Now can we get this show on the road. I only have two weeks before it's too late." Ash looks up at me worriedly and leaves Kade's side to come to me. She stops in front of me and pales as she looks from Lucas to Gabriel. When neither of them say anything and just smile softly at her, she grabs my hands and pulls me into a hug. When both guys reach down and join in the hug, she doesn't flinch, too much.

..........

We walk about a mile after stepping into the human world before Lucas stops and uses his cell phone to call his driver. I raise my brow and glance over at him as Ash and I sit in the grass by the side of the road. Placing my hands behind me I lean back to look up at him.

"I have money, love. It's just something you'll have to get used to." I smile and pat at the spot on the other side of Ash and I. Lucas chuckles and running his fingers through his hair, he sits down beside me. I lean my head on his shoulder. Gabriel walks around us, his golden eyes, warm with humor and sits behind me. I shift so Lucas and him are side by side and I am in between his legs. My eyes drift shut as I speak.

"What's your favorite color, Lucas?" Lucas looks down at me.

"What?" I blush at his tone.

"Nothing. What time will your driver be here?" I feel him press his lips to my forehead.