five

------ five ------

------ five ------

Davis Micheal Crane was a man in his mid 60s. He was a private pilot and the one whose bag was swept to the shore a day after the crash. Shelby had found it after her failed expedition with Leah and Rachel.

"Now, sir, I don't have a great feeling about where you're at right now, but the shit you left behind will not be wasted," Dot spoke to the passport of the man, thanking him.

"Dottie, don't be morbid," Shelby said at how the other girl voiced thoughts. The mood wasn't the best. Again, they were stranded on an island, alone, now even realising that there was another man, the pilot, who most likely didn't make it. So who could blame them.

"Um, sorry, but this is a haul," she said as she looked through his stuff. "Pain pills, disinfectants... basically a whole medical cabinet," Dot listed nonchalantly, wondered why the man would bring all this with him.

"All right, down the hatch," Shelby walked over to Martha, giving her one of the pills. "You, ma'am, are gonna be ship-shape in no time."

Martha looked at them in wonder and delight, smiling brightly at the sight of them. "I've only ever had the store brand kind before," she finally said, making the blonde smile and Toni scowl.

As Shelby walked away from the two of them, Toni made sure Martha understood that Shelby hadn't bought them for her, but instead just had had luck. Grace watched as Dot explained to Shelby to give her one and a half pills of oxycodone with food. It made sense for Dot being the one knowing about the medical stuff.

Like Grace's mum her father was sick. It was a different kind of sick though. Without Dot he wouldn't have been able to live so long, he had depended on Dot just like Gracie's mum depended on her. Dot had taken care of him for a long time, long before Grace's little fairytale world had turned to dusk.

Still the cheerleader felt connected to Dot Campbell, although they didn't run in the same social circles. Grace was somewhere at the top of the school's hierarchy, while Dot, well, she had no idea where Dot to. She was sort of invisible, walking in the school hallways, that probably being the reason why she was such a good drug dealer.

"Shelby, thank you so much," Martha thanked once again as Shelby brought her the pills Dot had given to her. "How do you say 'You're welcome' in Native American?" Shelby asked.

"In Ojibwe, it's miigwech," she answered, that being the last straw for Toni to go off, distancing herself from the group. She watched from afar how Martha offered the blonde to sit right next to her, feeling like Martha was replacing her with the Texan.

------ flashback ------

"I don't like him." It was their freshman year of High School, an entirely new experience. At least, that's what Grace had imagined it being. In reality, it was just the same as Middle School. Only that now, she was the youngest and lost all her privileges. And that she managed to get on the cheerleading team of the school, not that that was hard.