13 | 𝔉𝔯𝔢𝔢

Start from the beginning

Yes, I already saw the outfit on me and all, and it were only a few curls. But how do I say this without sounding like I'm exaggerating? I can't, because I do look entirely different. 

"Wow," I whispered softly. "Thank you."

"I know, you look hot, right?" she spoke, clapping her hands together. I didn't know if I looked 'hot', but I definitely seemed more confident and older, in a way.

"Okay, so when does it start again?" she asked me while I still gaped at myself in the mirror. She handed me my eyeliner and lip gloss. 

"I think at 8," I answered, taking the products from her hands. Liv told me that it was 7pm already, which meant we still had an hour to do stuff. I guess watching movies, baking and chatting with your best friend really does make time fly by.

-

We were in her car and Liv was driving. The music from the radio echoed throughout the car. In the past hour we just caught up some more and read magazines while jamming to our favourite songs. I texted Natalie, telling her I brought a friend with me, she said it was fine. 

Liv made me drink water and eat something before - something about in case I was going to drink. When she said that to me, I looked at her as if she grew two heads. I would never drink, certainly not without my parents' permission, and they wouldn't even let me drink until I got a job and an apartment to live in. 

"I cannot wait to party!" said Liv. She wore that outfit better than any model would. It was perfect for her and I convinced her to let her take it back with her tomorrow. I've never wore it before and probably never will.

"Yeah, me neither," I replied. But my slightly shaking hands told her a different story. 

"Sophia, you don't have to stress. I'll be with you the whole time, okay? And if you want to go back, I'll take us." Her voice was sincere and soothing. I nodded, appreciating her.

When we arrived at the address, there was no doubt we were at the right place. The music definitely wasn't discreet. I wondered how the neighbors didn't mind. Although it was a mansion - a really, really big and fancy one - so there was some space in-between the houses. 

It was currently 8:45 pm. It started a while ago, but Liv explained to me that if we came in too early, there might not be as many people and good music as now. Something to do with fashion as well, though I didn't understand that part. 

Outside the house were standing, or sitting on the grass, a few people. I think they were smoking, one of them even sniffed a piece of paper. 

"Here we are," Liv said as we stood in front of the open doors of the mansion. There were a lot of teenagers, all dancing. Some alone, others with friends, then there were people rubbing against each other with their bodies. 

The music blasted through the speakers, and it was actually good music. It smelled of alcohol and sweat, but I'll hopefully get used to it. "Your first official high school party."

She raised her eyebrows at me and took me by my arm. "You ready?" She acted as if I was changing my whole life-style or something. I forced out a smile out and squeezed her arm. 

"Alright then..." she mumbled. She seemed nervous herself, which I've rarely ever seen before, but I brushed it off. Probably because she doesn't know anyone here beside me.

We pushed through the crowd of wild teens who were dancing by the entrance, the fresh air outside did good while it lasted. 

We found ourselves in the kitchen, there were less people here, but it definitely wasn't abandoned. This is were all the drinks were kept and the plastic cups. Poor environment, I thought to myself.