Tyler Simms

I shook under the blanket with silent tears running down my face as I listened to the rain patter against my window. I jumped as a rumble of thunder shook the entire dorm building yeah yeah make fun of me for being almost eighteen and still being scared of thunderstorms. I scrambled to get my phone and immediately called Tyler. We've been friends since we were five and out of the four boys I became closest with him and yes I know about their...gifts and I’ve had a crush on Tyler since we were ten, “hello?”

A shiver ran down my spine but it wasn’t from fear this time and I sniffed making Tyler immediately curse to himself, “I am so sorry Y/n I completely spaced I got caught up in studying.” I heard shuffling of clothes in the background before I heard his shoes squeak on the linoleum down the hall, “do you want me to call the other guys.” I sighed, “no just hurry please.” he hung up and then there was a knock on the door and I peaked my head out, “it’s unlocked Ty.” 

I squeaked as a bright flash of lightning filled the room followed by another loud rumble of thunder that shook the entire building again. He entered the room and I heard him shuffle around before I peaked out and saw him taking off his shoes he smiled as he noticed me peaking out at him and chuckled lifting the blankets a little further and slipping the underneath them quickly letting them fall on top of us using my phone as a way to illuminate our faces. He wiped the sticky trails that my tears left behind.

“I’m sorry I forgot.” I sighed laying my head on his chest, “it’s fine Ty I shouldn’t expect you to be here every time it’s not like we’re going to live this close forever.” the thought brought tears to my eyes but I blinked them back before they could fall, “so why didn’t you want me to call the other guys?” I sighed drawing random patterns on his chest, “because I knew Reid would probably laugh at me and I’m just not nearly as close to Caleb or Pogue compared to you.” 

He wrapped his arms around me, “I fell like there’s more to it.'' That was the downside of being so close to Tyler he could tell when I wasn’t telling him the full truth and I hid in his chest mumbling it quietly, “because I like you.” I felt my cheeks hit up and he tickled my side, “sorry what was that I didn’t catch that.” I shook my head and he tickled my sides more persistently, “tell me.” I swatted at his arms but it seemed pointless he was too strong.

Tears of laughter streamed down my face, “I like you that’s why!” he froze in place as I said it and I felt my heart drop as I thought I shouldn’t have said it, “wait?” I gulped, “I like you Ty I have since we were ten.” he seemed taken aback, “you like...me?” I nodded holding my breath and a smile creeped onto his face before he swooped down and kissed me breathless. I didn’t respond for a second too shocked to realize that he was actually kissing me but I quickly snapped out of it and slid my hand into his hair and opened my mouth as his tongue ran across my bottom lip.

I kept my eyes closed for a second after he kissed me and when I opened my eyes he had a dopey smile on his face, “I like you too.” I giggled, “really?” he nodded, “Well I think you should show me.” he leaned down and kissed me slowing it down and he pulled away with a groan as Reid knocked at the door, “is baby boy in there?” my eyes lit up and I gasped, “I forgot about that name.” he flopped his head onto my chest, “oh no.” 

I chuckled, “yeah Reid he’s in here.” I looked out and saw the rain had finally stopped to a light drizzle, “well ask him if he’s coming to Nicky’s or going right back to studying.” I looked down at Tyler and he shrugged, fully laying on top of me, “I don’t Reid am I invited or this a boys only thing?” Reid was silent for a moment, “sure you can come to baby girl.” Tyler immediately narrowed his eyes at the door making me giggle, “okay well I’ll meet you at the dorm since I have to get ready.”

I got up after rolling Tyler off of me and walked over to my closet pulling out a long sleeved crop top that stopped just above my belly button and a high waisted pair of ripped jeans. He came up behind me kissing my neck, “I just wanna stay with you.” I pushed him back and turned so I was facing him, “how about this Tuesday next week we’ll go on a date just you and me of a restaurant of your choice to make up for going out tonight.”

He leaned down kissing me, “deal.” I giggled pushing against his chest, “you better go baby boy before Reid comes searching for you.” I squealed as I turned and he smacked my ass, “I’ll see you in a bit baby.” I took my shirt off and threw it at him before I entered the bathroom to start getting ready to go out.