But, anyways, I feel like I've been on a climb myself. The past three years, obviously, but past that, I think even more than ever.

After all, I think, at least in a way that isn't involving my body changing, I've been changed. It's not that I changed myself. It's more that...I've been changed, and I think I like the way that I'm becoming.

Now, would I be able to get by, would I be able to just live out life without the people I have in my life? Would I be able to live the life I've led the three years I worked out daily?

...Yes and no.

Obviously, which doesn't seem too obvious, now that I think about it...I'd be able to live. I have a hunch feeling that somewhere out there, there's some form of me who lives without the people in my life, probably still living in my old apartment...God, I miss that apartment, actually.

That's not the point, though. The point is, even though I'd be able to survive and keep living that same old lifestyle...I don't think I'd be as...content with my life as I am with the one I have now. Does that sound philosophical? It sounds lame. Actually, nah. It sounds boring. I shouldn't have said that. Makes me feel old.

But, I think that, the way that I've grown from the people I've met, I think I'm happier than I would've been. Yeah, sure, finding someone who could be enough to challenge me and bring me to the brink of death in a fight would be pretty damn cool. Feeling my heart race from a fight and feeling blood spurt out of me like when I fought Crablante? That'd be sick.

Maybe, though, that's not the only thing I need in my life. After all, I'm a hero for fun. It's not like I have to fight life-or-death for the hobby that's technically turning into a job.

I think I'd be satisfied living a life with the people that I talk to daily. Genos, Fubuki, and Tats. The three of them are like my own little family. Especially since, y'know, haven't talked to my family in ages.

I think...maybe making the climb, in a way, to have them in my life, would be worth it.

I sighed, looking up at the pile of rocks in front of me.

I guess I should've mentioned that there were two other people with me. Well, one person, and one monster. Whether or not they were talking, I don't know. I've just been following them. I think one of them's actually one of the heroes. Flushy...floop? Nah, I don't think he looks like a toilet-based hero.

Well, I'm technically nicknamed the Caped Baldy, so what can I say about nicknames and whatever the heroes themselves actually do? I'm not one to talk.

There's a lot of things to unpack, mainly with my nickname, but I guess that's not the main focus of this entire Monster Association thing, is it?

Back to climbing.

"Oy, Caped Baldy," Flushy Floop called out to me, waving me over. "You think you can move some of this real quick?"

"Move some of what?" I prompted, boredly yawning. "Need me to climb over and try finding something? Or should I just punch it away?"

The ninja shook his head in disdain, though he definitely didn't look like he was in a position to speak. Completely covered in rock other than his head, I'm surprised that his face seemed to remain mostly clean. I don't know why he didn't decide to use his sword to cut through the rock. Or can he not reach it? I don't know.

"No, don't. You're going to damage my sword or something," he sighed. Sometimes, listening to other heroes was so difficult. But I learned. Even if it could get frustrating sometimes.

Frustrating, huh...

/// - Memories

I'd like to say that a puppy dog in the form of a cyborg whose main purpose was vengeance following you around would be cool. I'd like to say that having somebody who'd probably be the perfect anime protagonist being one of the closest people in your life would be really, really interesting.