Jisoo smiles and welcomes Roseanne. "Hey, Rosie. Grab a seat."

"With pleasure. You're dealing?"

"Unless you want too." Jisoo grins.

Roseanne shakes her head so Jisoo deals her two cards, one face up and one face down.

"What are you betting for next round?"

"Oh I don't know. How much has Jen lost already today?" Roseanne chuckles looking at Jennie.

"Too much. She has to back out" Lisa laughs.

"Hey!" Jennie glares playfully offended at them.

We play a few more rounds, exchanging chips and taking the stakes. I get the hang of the game very quickly, and even managed to hit a winning streak.

"Hey, keep that up you'll pay us back in no time." Roseanne says looking at me grinning.

"Speaking of paybacks, I have a court matter to resolve today." Sunmi says sighing.

Roseanne pouts slightly. "Aw, but you just got here."

Sunmi shrugs "someone has to cover the rent."

Straightening her skirt, Sunmi stands up, giving us a short wave. Roseanne seems troubled by her words, glancing over to Jisoo with questioning eyes. Jisoo's eyebrows quirk up, a sigh escaping her lips.

"After the (Y/L/N)'s ran off with half our money, we were banking on you winning the Black Diamond."

And now that she can't play in the tournament...

I'm quiet as Jisoo deals out another hand. So is Roseanne, and there's a noticeable dip in the overall atmosphere of the room. Roseanne loses again, but this time she doesn't take it quite in stride. She loses her cool, growing more and more flustered with every losing hand.

"Bad luck today. I'm calling quits. You might want to think about doing that, too!" She says looking at me.

Despite parting with a joke, I can tell she's angry again. And since I'm losing too, i decide to take her advice and quit before I get too deep.
Nox follows at my heels as I track down Rosé outside, perched down in the linen cushion of a breezy cabana. I see two decks of cards in her hands, and she's rapidly shuffling through them both to a pattern I don't fully recognize.

"Hey." I say quietly, she glances up shortly at me before returning to her cards and grins. "What a good girl you are, following me without a reminder."

"Well, I was getting slaughtered back there anyway." That makes her crack her a smile.

She shuffles the deck of cards again, and when she pulls back in the hand to let them rattle out, I catch a quick glimpse of the cards within her hand.

"Want to play with me? If you can guess the top card, I'll cut what you owe me in half. Maybe-"

I don't even wait for her to finish. Climbing up to sit in the cabana with her, I point at the top card.

"Ten of diamonds."

Floored, Roseanne stares at me for a moment. then she glances behind her, maybe checking for a mirror.

"All right. Witchcraft or excellent luck?"

"Neither. I just saw the cards as you shuffled them."

Sitting with her legs crossed under her, Roseanne gives me a more scrutinizing look. "Hmm."

Shuffling the decks again, she splayed out the top ten cards. "Name them."

Hesitantly, I look at the facedown cards. I point at one after the other.