Ten 💘

A week or so passed, and you were still dying of embarrassment from what happened on your porch with Toshinori. You did your best to tuck it in the back of your mind but when you least expect it, you're back to the night when your kiss was denied. 

"I'm such an idiot." You mumbled to yourself. That's when you heard the bell on the door chime and you looked up seeing Midnight, you made your way towards the table she took a seat at.

"What can I get you today?" You asked.

"Actually, a moment of your time please." She says.

"Um, okay." You say.

"Please, sit." You do so.

"You probably heard of me." Midnight says.

You nod. "You're the pro hero, Midnight."

"That's right. And you must be (y/n). I've heard all about you." She holds out her hand.

You take her hand. "I'm guessing from Toshi."

"That's right."

"Can I confess something?" You asked.

"Go ahead." She says.

"Well, we've been hanging out for a while and I may have gone a little too fast and try to kiss him..."

"Oh honey, that wasn't your fault. Toshi just hasn't been on the saddle for a while, he was just a little nervous. He still wants to hang out with you." Midnight says.

"Oh, that's a bit of a relief." You say.

"I only ask is that you just be a little patient with him, he means well. He's just a little nervous is all." 

"Of course." You say.

Midnight smiles. "Great, I have to get going. Oh, can I get a slice of that rum cake, it looks delicious."

"Of course."

~~~~

One day while you were at home, you heard a knock on your front door and you quickly answered it. When you did, Toshi was at the door.

"Hi (y/n)." He greets.

"Hi, Toshi." You say.

"Um, I know...I know it's late but, do you want to go take a stroll in the park?" He offers.

"Of course." You say.

The park was peaceful, you guys walked down the path talking about each other's day and so on. Eventually, you two sat on a bench to watch the sunset. You lay your head on Toshi's shoulder which took him by surprise.

Seconds later, he puts his arm around you. He smelt so comforting, like lemongrass and sage. You leaned up and placed a kiss on his cheek.

Toshi tensed up and his face turned a deep red. You just chuckle and lay your head back on his shoulder. 

"Thank you." You heard him say.

You just smiled as he pulled you closer, everything felt right with the world. "Do you want to go get some coffee?" You offered.

"Alright." You both get from the bench and walked out of the park hand and hand.