"Wait, when I picked this out, I didn't think there was a huge slit in the leg."

There was a pretty high slit that exposed all the way to the top of my thigh and down. I was about to take it off but Cecelia finished zipping me up.

"It looks good. Wear these." She handed me a pair of matching blue heels. I put them on and she nodded. She grabbed my arms and sat me down at her vanity. "Close your eyes."

"Don't put too much on," I warned.

She didn't reply and got to work on my skin first. She blended a bunch of lotions and creams onto my face then did my eyes.

When she told me to open my eyes, I looked completely different. My skin was smooth and glowing, my eyes were bright and youthful, and my lips were soft and shiny.

"Do you like it?"

"It's nice." The fake lashes were heavy on my lids and kept getting in the way of my vision and I couldn't lick my lips because of the gloss. How did girls deal with all this stuff on their faces?

"Now for hair," she got out her straightening and curling iron, "I think you'd look good with curled hair." She started curling but didn't go up to my roots.

As she curled the back of my head, someone knocked on her door.

"Yes?"

I was stunned to see Lily walking in with some boy wearing a blue bow tie.

"Do you need a snack before the party starts—oh," she saw me and smiled, "Bri, you look so good!"

"Thanks, I didn't know you'd be here, too,"

"Cece invited me."

Since when were they best friends now? They even looked similar—Lily had the same straight hair and makeup style, and was wearing a silver strapless dress.

"I'm Simon." The boy introduced himself. He held out his wrist and I realized he was offering his blood.

"Oh, I'm not a vampire."

"Cecelia?" He asked but she shook her head. She was too busy doing my hair. "Then I guess it's just you, Lily."

"More for me," she shrugged and bit into his wrist. I was a little disturbed. I thought I taught her to drink from blood bags and not from humans. When she was done, she wiped her lips with a tissue.

"Simon, go see if my siblings want some," Cecelia said and he nodded, promptly leaving and closing the door.

"I thought you were used to blood bags. Did you run out or something?" I asked Lily.

"Oh no, I have plenty. But Simon's always here, it's what he gets paid for." She shrugged.

"Simon's my mother's pet," Cecelia explained, "He consents to giving blood."

They had a term used for humans that sold their blood to vampires: blood slave. Caius told us it was fairly common for rich vampires.

"It tastes way better than the stale hospital blood anyway." Lily said.

I was a little concerned. If she was getting used to human blood, what made Simon different from me?

Cecelia finished the last curl and let me see my reflection. Who knew under all that makeup and hair it was actually me. Or maybe she was just really good at giving makeovers.

"We have ten more minutes before Gaia expects us downstairs." Cecelia said and started changing into her dress. She wore a form fitting halter, two piece dress.