s i x t y - t w o

Start from the beginning

"And suddenly I'm not full anymore." Yoongi licked his lips, earning a slap on the shoulder from Hoseok.

"Can you get me vanilla?" Jeongguk requested, batting his eyelids.

"Please don't ever get Jeongguk vanilla," Madeline intercepted, "God knows the things he'll do to it."

Taehyung smiled, turning to his boyfriend. "Do yogurt pretzels sound more appealing to you?"

"Yeah, actually." Jeongguk fondled with the brunette's ear. "You know me too well."

Apparently Carter knows you just as well.

"I'll be back."

It was a short path to the gift shop, accompanied by sweaty palms and nervous steps. The bell rang when Taehyung pushed open the door and he ignored the friendly cashier as he made a beeline to the blonde.

"You got five minutes," Taehyung warned as he pushed open the ice cream freezer and started collecting goodies.

"You sure are in a rush, huh?" Carter sniggered.

"No, but I don't like being around you." Taehyung set the ice cream cones on the counter and smiled fleetingly at the cashier. "Sorry, I need to grab one more thing."

Carter scoffed when he saw the brunette reach for the yogurt pretzels. "You're still feeding him that?"

"Yeah and I'm about to pay and leave. So if you want to say something useful, now's the time—"

"Jimin's the one who told me."

There was a stutter in Taehyung's movements. "What?"

"Jimin was the one who told me about Jeongguk loving yogurt pretzels and being kissed on the ear."

"What?"

"They've been hanging around each other, doing stuff."

"That's... not true." Taehyung winced, finally turning to face Carter. "Jeongguk is always around me."

"Always?"

"Well, most of the time..."

"Why else would Jimin know these things about Jeongguk? Why else would I be right?"

Taehyung searched his brain for an explanation. Nothing.

"I didn't want to meddle with your relationship, Tae," Carter said with fake earnest, "But you deserve to know about what's really happening."

The brunette shook his head, tossing the packet of yogurt pretzels on the counter. "I want to talk to him first before jumping to any conclusions."

Carter rolled his eyes next to the brunette, who was already paying for the treats. "You're putting too much trust in that boy—"

"That boy," Taehyung interjected, shooting the other a glare, "has gone above and beyond for me. That boy is the most sincere and brave person I've ever met. And— might I add that he's my soulmate and best friend before he was my boyfriend." He lifted an eyebrow. "You on the other hand. I don't know shit about you."

Carter hummed, getting dangerously close to the brunette's face. "Would you like to get to know me, Tae?"

"You guys do know that I can hear your conversation very clearly, right?" The cashier deadpanned from in front of them.

"Sorry," Taehyung gave the blonde a quick shove and fished out his wallet, "how much are the ice cream cones?"

"Two dollars each," She answered, finishing the payment and watching the pair saunter out the shop, "The amount of drama I hear in this job..."

"Tae I'm telling you—"

"Yes I know." Taehyung dipped his head hastily, walking away. "Thanks for the input— bye!"

He didn't want to show how badly Carter's words affected him. He didn't want him to see the fear caught in his throat and the dent in his armor.

And that uncertainty grew when he reached their dining hall table again, only three people situated around it.

"Where's Jeongguk?"

__________

he's in my pocket

hi beans we reached 7k today
what the fuck
thank you and i love you. i know i say it a lot but too bad you're gonna have to deal with it :]

i was gonna update yesterday but i had a pretty uh hectic? unstable? day yesterday
and before you ask— yes! i'm okay now

i am currently in the kitchen eating salad out of a cup noodles container and waiting for my sister (from another mister) to call me cause she finally moved from Ukraine to Massachusetts so yayyy

also plz i thought ice cream was at least $5 in America but i guess i've been quarantined for so long that i've forgotten everything related to the outside world

have an amazeballs day everyone!!
- hay