Chapter 10: "Stay with me.."

Start from the beginning

Once again. Silence.

The person on the other side of the door couldn't wait longer and knew something was up, as they knew Zhan was here practicing, but they were only met with silence after their knocks on the wooden door. Not being able to keep waiting, they opened the door and let themselves in; only to be met with a heartbreaking sight.

Zhan didn't even bare a glance at who entered the room, he could care less about anything in the world, right now. Tears uncontrollably rolled down his face, his nose and eyes; already red. His heart was shattered. He sobbed as the tears decorated his whole face, clutching onto the edge of the couch, he was sitting on.

"Oh my.. A'Zhan.. Please calm down I'm here, I'm right here" The voice said as she rushed towards the feeble man sitting on the couch, and embrace him in her arms. Zhan immediately melted in her arms and wrapped his own arms around her torso. She ran her hand through Zhan's hair as he whisper-sang a soothing song, to calm down the troubled boy.

穿越 往昔 莲坞边
碧潭 旧影 犹少年
时光迁 梦浅 潋滟错觉
愿执一笔 寄予云梦故人念

意难平 笑问苍天
回首却 不觉已过经年
无别无离 无忧无怨
可还闻得 一声阿羡

梦醒 秋晚 不知觉
萤火 明灭 月翩跹
曾并肩 笑谈 人世万千
佳景易变 昔日故人今难见

意难平 斑驳从前
如何归 紫衫加身时年
不恨不悔 不生不灭
泪眼化作 一句理解

意难平 笑问苍天
回首却 不觉已过经年
无别无离 无忧无怨
可还闻得 一声阿羡
云梦水天

"S- shijie.." Zhan muttered out between small sobs, as he pulled back out of the hug. Wiping Zhan's tears off, Xuan Lu cupped the younger's face, in her hands and spoke softly. "Are you ready to tell me what happened A'Zhan?" Zhan sniffed and nodded at his sister's statement. Though they weren't blood related in any way, Zhan still thought of the older, as his own sister.

Xuan Lu held her brother's hands and rubbed her thumbs at the back of his hands, as she patiently waited for the younger to open up. "Wang Yibo.... Yibo.. H- he.." Zhan stuttered as tears, again, threatened to whelm up in his eyes. His lips quiverd, trying to utter even a single word, but failed.

Finally taking a deep breath, he no longer wanted to keep his sister waiting, so he gathered up the courage and finally said what he wanted to. "Yibo.. He was in a car crash and got severely injured a-and.. The hospital called just now to inform me b- because.... Because his chances of surviving are low.." He said between sniffs.

Xuan Lu's eyes widened at the words that Zhan had said. Zhan had told her everything that happened between him and Yibo; their first fight, the incident at the dance night, the night before Yibo's flight and Yibo staying in Japan. Having been known all that, Xuan Lu also knew how her brother felt towards Yibo, even though Zhan himself may not know.

There was a moment of pure silence; neither awkward nor too comfortable. Zhan was obviously worried about Yibo, because of which, he couldn't even think straight, his thoughts was all over the place and at this point, he was very thankful to Xuan Lu that she had came to visit him, else he would still be crying his heart out without anyone there to comfort him.

"Then.. How about we go to Japan? We can just leave right now in your plane, and then you could see Yibo, yourself?" Zhan's ear perked up and eyes glistened with hope, at his sister's words. "Do you know which city and hospital he's in?" Xuan Lu asked with a small smile on her face, to which, Zhan nodded eagerly; flashing his beautiful bunny smile.