Chapter 8

Annabeth

"Mom!" Percy called, as we appeared in the kitchen. "We're ready!"

"Ah, good. I have some snacks ready for you, and some money - " she handed me some strange-looking gold coins "- and of course your broomsticks. Here is also your train tickets, for Platform 9 and three quarters, you need to walk through the platforms 9 and ten and....."

"Hold on, mom, Percy said. "I got two questions. Firstly, how come she gets the train tickets and money? And what do you mean, walk through the platform? We'll bonk our heads!"

"To answer your first question, Annabeth is more responsible," she said and shot me a grin, which I gladly returned. "And secondly, there's a portal which is there. So no worries. Now, to attach your broomsticks to your trunks?"

She took out a small box. "This," she explained. "is a sticking slime. You don't know, but there's a wizarding village named Hogsmeade, where there is an excellent joke shop, my sister tells me, runned by two brothers." At that, Percy and I glanced at each other, thinking of the Stolls, who by the way, have not matured at all. "They sell all these joke products and this you can use to stick anything, like a toad to your friends back and it will only wear away when you put this on it."

She opened the box and we saw two compartments. One was a green powdery stuff; and the other was a slimy, gooey thing. "This," Ms. Jackson continued, pointing to the slimy thing. "Is the sticking slime, and the other is the unsticking powder." 

She stuck the trunks to the back of the broomsticks and said, "There! This product also makes the object lightweight so you won't feel any difference no matter how awkward it looks."

We got in the car and drove up to the harbor, The ride was pretty uneventful, except for our game ATLAS. We had to say a place and the next person had to say another place starting with the ending letter of the first person's place. Confusing? Let me give you an example....

Ms. Jackson: Nigeria

Me: Alaska

Percy: Atlantic Ocean

Ms. Jackson: Nepal

Me: Luxembourg

Percy: Gulf of Mexico

In the end, we had to forbid Percy from saying water bodies, which resulted in him quitting. Once we got there, Ms. Jackson gave us our trunks and said, "Good luck! Be safe and don't get into trouble. Iris message me, won't you?"

"Yes, mom. Annabeth too, right?" Percy said, looking at me.

"Uh-uh. Bye, and thanks for everything, Ms. Jackson!"

"Don't mention it," she replied. 

We mounted and flew off.

(I don't want to mention the ride, too boring. Let's pretend they landed at England already, okay?)

-------------------

We landed at England laughing. "'Oh, Percy you didn't have to drench me!" I said dripping wet. Percy, in the middle of the ride, decided to make a huge wave and crash it in to me.

"Sorry Wise Girl. Here," he said holding his hand out. I took it and became instantly dry.

"That's a handy trick," I admitted. I took out the tickets and the map."Come on. The station's this way."

Sorry for the short update! I'll do another one tommorow. My laptop is having internet connection problems so it's kinda difficult. The question is:

What is thing that Percy and Tyson fought in the beginning of the book?

-moalover :)