Battle for Batuu (Stormpilot)

Start from the beginning

Silence for a couple seconds.

"They are advancing and not slowing down, he are back up but Poe they are going to overtake us in minutes."

Poe finally managed to open his eyes, he could see blaster fire going over there heads, and the dirt in the air from the explosion, but mostly he could see Finn's dark beautiful face covered in dirt and with a panicked look on his face. Poe smiled, which only made Finn look more worried.

Finn was holding Poe's right hand with both of his, and now was franticly looking around.

"I have to get you out of here, the Resistance needs you."

"Finn, I am done for, I need you to leave me and have the Resistance retreat into the city. It may be occupied but there are many allies there and they might help contact the fleet to come evacuate the survivors."

"No, no Poe I am not leaving you, the Resistance needs General Dameron."

"They will have one."

"I don't understand Poe."

With his remaining strength Poe reaches up and pulled out the chain containing his sister's locket and his mother's wedding ring.

"No, Poe don't do this."

"Finn, you have made me so happy, you have given me hope and a reason to fight for our freedom. I don't think I'm going to make it, please will you take this ring and marry me?"

Poe could now see tears poring down Finn's cheeks, but they weren't tears of happiness. Poe, now in a daze didn't like how they looked and reached up and touched Finn's face, before he lost the strength and his hand fell to his side. He was barely conscious when he heard Finn cry.

"I was lying, I need you, not the Resistance, Poe. Please don't leave me, I don't want to be alone."

As Poe closed his eyes he felt Finn put his body onto of his and could feel his body shake. As the world went dark Poe's last memory was the sound of an even larger explosion and the planet shaking beneath him.

Sometime later Poe awoke to the feeling of weightlessness and peace. Now he was certain he was dead. However he opened his eyes and found he was floating in a tube of water like substance, his mouth was hooked up to oxygen, there were vital connected to his chest, and he was completely naked except for a small cloth underwear.

Trying to look through the glass tube he found that he couldn't see much. He could barely make out two figures, one that had the figure of a med-droid, and the other appeared humanoid. The bacta tank began to drain and Poe was soon let out, however he fell unconscious again almost immediately after from fatigue.

When he came too he was dry and alone except for the medical droid that just explained he had to have emergency surgery and than had been placed in the bacta tank to quicken the healing process. Poe was given a recovery outfit and his chain so he got dressed but than remained resting. Not to much later Finn entered the room.

"Poe, thank goodness you are ok."

He ran over to him, sat on his bed and gave him a kiss of relief. Poe kissed back and than they just held each other for a moment, in the embrace they could really each other's hearts beat fast. Finally Finn let go and sat up.

"Finn, what happened, I think I felt a massive explosion and that's the last thing I remember."

"You ordered the red battalion to go behind enemy lines and detonate the First Order ammunition reserves. They did just that and it took out there entire back lines. Not five minutes after that there was another explosion in the sky and it was the star destroyer, Tiffony and her squads managed to blow it up. Another destroyer showed up but by then we were long gone. The ship has since left but they left behind more troopers to occupy Batuu, but I think we inspired the people and after we recover I think we can free it."

Poe smiled.

"That's good. I know we can do it."

Poe than recalled what happened that before the explosion, what he had said to Finn. Poe, now feeling a little embarrassed took Finn's hand.

"I want you too know I meant everything I said, I love you Finn and I want to marry you, war or no war. However I understand if you don't want to make that commitment yet, you haven't explored or experienced the galaxy like you wanted to yet and there could be someone else-"

Finn shut Poe up with a kiss.

"I knew you were the one when we first stole that TIE Fighter together, I knew we'd be together forever, I just didn't quite understand my feelings right than."

Poe reaches under his tunic and once again took out his chain with the ring, he was about to take it off to hand it to Finn, but Finn gestured for him to stop.

"I know that you have been saving that ring for the right person, and I am grateful to one day wear it, but not until the First Order is on its last legs, not until we've guarantied a future for ourselves together. There is something I want to show you though."

Finn than unzipped the jacket that had once belonged to Poe and pulled out a metallic twine that had also been concealed under his clothes and took it off to show Poe. I've been holding on to this for almost two years now, waiting for the right moment. I think now is that time."

Attached to the twine was a Dolina seed ring, carved to fit Poe's finger, placed in the ring was a very small Azurite stone. Engraved on the inside of the ring said 'Love you always💗'

"When the time is right I want you to have this Poe."

"Finn, it's beautiful, you made this yourself?"

"Yeah, I got the different pieces on different missions, and I have been carefully carving the ring ever since. I want it to be our promise to each other, that we keep each other's ring until the time comes to exchange them, for them to help remind us what we are fighting for."

"I promise I will be the man you want me to be and I will keep my mother's ring safe until it can be placed on your finger. I love you Finn."

"I love you too Poe."