chapter 5

When I woke up It was 5:55 my alarm would go off in five minutes so I just turned my alarm off. I got out of bed and went to the kitchen.

    My mom had gotten me some food like bagels and waffles because I had a toaster and microwave and she did not dare to forget my Ramon noodles. Ok i like Ramon but i don't eat it every week like some people do. I like to stay fit and healthy. I made myself a bagel with cream cheese and I poured myself some orange juice.

Once I was done eating my breakfast I unpacked my close and put them away. I had brought winter and summer clothes just to make sure I am prepared for whatever weather we are going too have.

After that I got changed into a pair of riding pants and put on my riding shirt and my new Walk This Way academy jacket and headed to the barn after locking my dorm room.

            As I walked into the barn I was surprisingly greeted by Madison and the other girls. Before they saw me they we walking there tacked up horses out of the barn.

“Hi Courtney we were just going to go for a ride would you like to join us we could show you to trails and around the academy if you wanted us to wait for you to tack up Spartan?" Maddy said. I was happy to see that they are welcoming me into there little group.

“Oh maybe next time I kind of have plans with Andy. Sorry" I said. “Have fun I'll text you later." I said.

“Ok have fun with Andy tell him i said hi. I will see you at the café for dinner right?"

“Yah. Bye." I said walking off into the direction of Spartans stall.

I had been wondering how Spartan was going to react to me.

When I got only 2 stalls away from Spartans I saw a horse that looked exactly like Lucky I must have just been missing him.

But that's when I saw his name on the Stall door it must have just been a coincidence. I walked by seeing Madison's horses empty stall. Spartan was drinking some water when I got to his stall. “ Hey Spartan how are you doing boy I am going to go get some stuff and get you all tacked up ok boy?" I said in more of a question like seeing if he would answer me back. I gave him a kiss and went to the tack room.

That's when I remembered that I probably would have forgotten my key to my locker and tack box if Mrs. Connors hadn't of haven my that keychain.

It wasn't really crowded in there but there were some people in the room getting and putting stuff away. I opened my locker with my key and grabbed my favorite saddle to try and see if it fit him along with my bridle and breast collar that was hanging on the side of my locker.  I locked my locker even though I  was probably going to have to come back in here anyways. Just  to make sure nobody took any of my stuff. I brought everything that I was holding to Spartans stall. I hung up the bridle and breast collar where my halter and leadline was and put the saddle on the Stall door. I had made sure that it was balanced before leaving it unsupervised. I put on Spartans halter and tied him to the hook on the wall of his stall because it was to crowded in the middle of the barn to use the cross ties.

I went to the tack box that was right by the stall and unlocked it to get out my horse brushes.

I didn't really have to do a good grooming job considering that he had not gone out in the pasture since we had came to the academy so he was pretty clean I just  gave him a little brushing to get any of the dust or dirt off of him.

Once I was done I picked my orange saddle pad to put on to him. When I did I made sure to show him the pad and rub it on his body so could get used it. When I was comfortable with putting it on him I gently and slowly put the pad on to him and centered it where it had to be. Then I put the saddle on and he stood there like a angel so I synched ( or however you spell it you can correct me if I'm wrong please) the saddle up and put whatever I didn't put on, on.