𝐗𝐈𝐗. rebirth

Start from the beginning

     I blinked, contemplating what to say. Small talk seemed trivial, but it was all I could partake in.

     "Uh... it was good, thank you," I nodded.

     I felt awkward. These people knew me, but I had no clue who they were. All I knew were their names, which Alice and Jasper had given me during our hunt. Looking around, my gaze landed on the big one, Emmett.

     He stared at me with an emotion I could only describe as longing. It tugged at my heart.

     "You look like a wet mop," someone suddenly spoke. I followed the voice, spotting the gorgeous blonde girl. Rosalie, Jasper had called her.

     "Oh, uh... well, I just got out of the shower-"

     "Yes, I know," she interrupted, "let's go fix that. Come on."

     Before I could protest, Rosalie was up and pushing me back towards the stairs. I wanted to say something until I realized I was better off in a room with just one of the family members, rather than all seven. Having all of them focused on me wasn't the most comfortable position to be in, especially since I had nothing to offer.

     Regardless, I still found myself looking back, fixated on the boy with dark curls.

     There was something about him.

༻༺

     After blowdrying my hair in the bathroom, Rosalie escorted me to a room I could only assume to be hers.

     It was lightly colored, with accents of silvery blues. It felt like the room of a princess.

     "Sit there," she directed, pointing me towards a vanity.

     I took a seat in front of the mirror, avoiding my reflection like the plague. Rosalie must have noticed, her eyes narrowing.

     "Don't be scared. You're still you," she muttered, walking up behind me with a brush in hand.

     I watched as she began to brush through my hair, her touch surprisingly gentle.

     "I don't know who I am,"

     "It's going to take time-"

     "Can I ask you a question?"

     She didn't reply, instead choosing to focus on the task at hand.

     "Were we friends? From before, I mean,"

     "Hm," Rose pondered, "I wouldn't say we were friends, no."

     "Then why are you helping me?"

     She looked up, her stare as cold as ever.

     "Helping you?"

     "I... I just thought you were giving me a hand when you got me out of there..."

     Rosalie sighed, her movements faltering. I waited for a response, examining her closely. She was devastatingly gorgeous, more so than any of her family. I felt a bit envious. Had I been jealous of her before, too?

     "...I suppose I was," she finally admitted, "we all know this can be... overwhelming."

     I nodded in agreement, eyes still trained to my lap. If all vampires were bitten, like me, then they'd gone through this as well. Maybe not the memory loss, but still.