It only took a few hours for Audrey and me to become bored at the cabin while our parents talked in the 30-year-old kitchen downstairs. We were mostly bored because of the lack of wifi so we couldn't use our phones. 

" Hey...um Audrey?" I softly knocked at Audrey's room before opening it slowly.

" Wanna do something? I'm pretty bored and all..." I shyly asked if Audrey wanted to hang out as I scanned the room for her. When I said I was bored I immediately saw her redhead pop up from under the bed. 

" W..what are you doing under there Audrey?" 

" Oh, it's just you. I was under the bed trying to see if I could plug my phone charger there."

" Ah, ok. Um so wanna hang?" I tilted my head to the right and smiled.

Audrey scanned me from the up and down before giving one of her bored shrugs. " Sure why not. There's nothing to do in this crappy place anyway." 

" Yay, cool ok. Wanna go outside and explore the woods? We can check out that view of the huge cliff again like last winter."

Last winter Audrey and I had explored outside and found a hidden cliff that was super high up but had an amazing view of the entire side mountain. 

" K, why not. Let's go ask our parents first. We can't let your parents or Emelia and dad know about the cliff though." Audrey stood up and grabbed her thick purple coat along with her other things such as black gloves, boots, scarf, and hat.

" Um...y..yeah ok sure." For some reason, Audrey had never called her mom, "mom". She always called her Emilia. I think this was because she's never gotten along with her mom. I'm not sure why though...her mom was super nice.

" Let's go." Audrey jogged out of the room and I followed her downstairs to the kitchen. I waited outside the old white doors though and let her do the talking. It took a minute but she eventually walked out and said: " Alright let's go now." She didn't seem too excited since spending time out in the freezing air probably wasn't what she had planned for the afternoon. 

" Ok."

Before I finished putting my heavy green coat on, I turned around and caught glimpse of our parents in the kitchen. For some strange reason, a feeling of sadness hit me as I watched our parents laugh while sipping tea. It was like... it would be the last time I see them... 

I quickly shook the thought out of my head and pushed my annoying blonde hair out of my eyes before rushing out the door behind Audrey who had already started walking through the thick birch and pine trees.

" Ugh, this all sucks." Audrey rolled her eyes and stayed silent for the whole time we walked to the cliff.

I was a bit nervous being out alone with Audrey since I didn't know what to talk about. The things I liked weren't the things she usually liked. By the time we got there, I looked around in amazement.