Help

Hi there. The name's Andrew and I feel as though I could pass out at any second right about now. I've been walking for the past 6 hours, my arms are cramped, my hands and feet have frostbite for certain, and my left leg is bleeding. Not to mention I'm carrying a teenage girl on my shoulders right now.  As an immature 12-year-old boy, I always pictured scenarios in which a girl would be in trouble... so I would instantly jump in to save her. Maybe I would picture one scenario where a girl is about to get kidnapped... but I kick the bad guy's butt like karate kid. The girl would probably be in tears and jump toward me for a hug. Then, like a knight in shining armor, I would carry her on my shoulders away to safety. 

Well jee, I never imagined I would ACTUALLY be carrying a girl on my shoulders though. This is the kind of thing that only happens in the world of fantasy. The world that's meant to be unrealistic and likely not meant to happen. That's what imagination is. 

Anyways, the cute girl being on my shoulders part came true... but the rest is a lie. Just an illusion. The situation I'm in right now has nothing to do with me being a hero. 

You see, the name Andrew means "Strong and Manly" in Greek. Ha, well that couldn't be any further from the truth. I'm the exact opposite of what my name means. I'm just a short, weak, and scrawny 12-year-old kid. I'm someone who looks more like a side character rather than the main character. Actually no. I'm not even a side character. Maybe a bush? Oh I know, I'm a twig laying on the floor next to the main character. That's what I am.

Anyway, now that you know a little of who I am, you must be wondering why and how exactly I got myself in a situation where a girl came to be on my shoulders. The answer's simple. It all started with a simple vacation in the snowy rocky mountains with my family and our friends the Smiths. 

Every year since I could remember, our family and the Smiths family always went on vacation to the rocky mountains during the winter. I guess you could call it a tradition?  The Smiths were our family's friends since I was at least 9 I think? The smiths were really nice people. There was Emelia Smith, Richard Smith, and their pretty 15-year-old daughter Audrey Smith. Just like the Smiths, there are only three members in my family. My mom, Rebecca Thompson, my dad Scott Thompson, and me... Andrew Thomspon.  

Our vacation was going naturally just like it always had. We met up with the Smiths at the entrance of the huge cabin we always rented. Despite the cabin being on top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere, having no wifi, and the cabin often having a musty old scent, I rather enjoyed the place. 

Audrey is a nice girl I guess

Audrey is a nice girl I guess. But she's always had a mind of her own. She's 3 years older than me and super feisty. She's like fire to me and I'm just water. Audrey has always been a lot cooler than me and rarely speaks or shows many emotions. That didn't stop me from getting along with her though. After so long of knowing her, we got really used to each other, and I came to realize that she's just the way she is naturally. It's nothing personal. When we first met I was 9 and she was only 12... but I swear the look she gave me seemed like she could light me on fire if she wanted. I was terrified of her at first... but as I said, I eventually came to terms with her normal attitude. In fact, I could even say I had a crush on this girl a bit. She was so much better than me in so many ways. In old English, Audrey means " Noble strength". Wow, she suited her name well and I knew that she was a beautiful flame compared to a lowly nobody like me. Her wavy red hair, soft green eyes, and cute serious face were so mesmerizing.