Chapter Fifty Eight

What had I been thinking? Of course they were cat ears... I had so naturally turned them slightly in the direction of the noise when it happened and somehow let that slide as though it was normal and to be expected. Even when I ran my hands over them I hadn't even considered that they were nothing like my human ears, soft and... higher up.

I felt up my ears desperately, perhaps trying to figure out where they attached to my head somehow because the more I thought about it the more I didn't understand how they could be a part of me, how they got there.

I didn't have human ears, when I looked for them I realised that part of my skin was... furry, like hair but denser, softer and thinner and while short, long enough that it felt almost like it belonged on my head. My hair seemed to move around it, since I had stayed in the pride compound I hadn't cut my hair and it was now long enough that the back of it reached the bottom of neck.

It was still weird, and that despite my subconscious brain trying to tell me that it was all perfectly normal and understandable that I would randomly transform my ears and only my goddamn ears.

Of course despite the shock of switching out my damn ears for a new pair I wasn't soft yet, the air was still thick with his scent, with his pheromones, and my body was happy to react to that over the ears.

It was why I didn't like it one bit when he pulled away and stalked over to the other end of the room.

I gingerly rearranged myself, including tucking my cock back sideways in my briefs, pulling up my trousers all the way but leaving the zip open because I wasn't trying to punish myself.

Before I could look for my shirt, however, Ker held up a mirror in my face. The kind that belongs in the bathroom on which the other side has a weird magnified version of yourself on it for... I guess people who want to look at their skin cells.

There I was, and there my ears were. They completely fit in on my head, which sounds like a perfectly bizarre thing to say about anthropomorphic features but it was true.

It didn't look out of place, at least to me, and while I was definitely bothered by the cat ears it was really hard for me to focus on how confused and petrified I was supposed to be when Kerberos was standing so close to me that all I could properly focus on was him. My focus constantly slipping from my reflection to the man behind it.

I wanted him to run his hands through my hair, I didn't know why, the thought of it made my heart race a little and I took a step back from him.

I opened my mouth and almost jumped because the weirdest thing about my appearance was my teeth, they looked sharper, not different, no long canines or anything, just sharp enough to rip into raw steak with no problems.

"That's weird..." I muttered to fill the room with some kind of sound as I inched away from him. My body still stung in places, I was still half erect, I didn't want to get him in trouble. With every thought that made me nervous I backed away an inch.

Kerberos frowned looking at me, a hint of anger slipping into his expression.

He moved the mirror away and I stared back at my own eyes until they disappeared out of view and then I turned back to look up at him as he walked back.

He was blinking, as if trying to get his cat eyes to return to normal, or perhaps as a side effect of them doing this. They were now pretty much human eyes but with the same reflective gold as before.

"What does this mean?" I asked him, leaning back on the door as he approached me.

He eyed me up as he walked back into my space, the return of the heat he brought with him welcome as I watched his form closely. He seemed distracted and oddly quiet as he observed me through squinted eyes.