unworthy-willex

Requested by: Emiaira

Summary: Alex and the band are on tour, they're really popular now. On the day that they're supposed to get back, Willie thinks that he isn't good enough for Alex and has an anxiety attack. 

Ships: Alex/Willie

Warnings: Anxiety attack

Notes: They're alive in this one, Alex and Willie live in the same apartment. 

~~~

Julie and the Phantoms was touring.

They were touring internationally.

They now had 3 million followers on Instagram, and every time they posted a new music video, it was trending. 

They were celebrities.

It was the day they were supposed to come home, and all Willie could think about was how Alex didn't deserve him. 

He was dating a celebrity, and he was just a skater. He was a nobody.

The next thing he knew, he was curled up in the corner struggling to breathe. 

«anxiety attack»

This had never happened before. Willie let out a sob, and tried to take in deep breaths, but it wasn't working. 

All he could think about was how unworthy he was. Alex didn't deserve him. He was a nobody, Alex was a celebrity. 

Willie sat on the floor and sobbed, trying his best to take in breaths. 

He heard the distant sound of a door opening and closing. 

"Babe, I'm home!"

Willie barely heard anything. 

"Willie? Babe, where are you?"

Alex's footsteps faded, then came closer. 

"Willie, what's wrong?" Alex's voice was quiet, barely heard above the sound of Willie's thoughts.

Willie curled himself into a tighter ball and sobbed. 

"Babe, I need you to breathe, okay? Copy what I'm doing."

Willie pressed himself closer to the wall and kept sobbing. 

"Please, just breathe with me." Alex's voice broke.

Willie gave a small nod, and Alex gently set his hands on the skater's shoulder.

"Can I hug you?" 

Willie nodded, and felt himself being pulled into Alex's arms. 

Immediately, he felt a little calmer. He could feel Alex's heartbeat, steady and calm. 

After a few minutes, Willie could breathe normally. Or, somewhat normally. 

«end of anxiety attack»

"Babe, what happened?"

"I... I just feel like you don't deserve me. I mean, you're an amazing drummer, your band has 3 million followers on Instagram, and you can choose anyone. But I'm just a skater. There's nothing special about me." Tears were threatening to spill again, but Willie blinked them away. 

"Willie, I don't care about how many followers you have. And, you're wrong."

Willie blinked in surprise. "What?"

"You're wrong. You said that there's nothing special about you, but you're wrong. You're an amazing skater, even if you do some dangerous tricks that terrify me. You always make me feel better when I'm having a bad day, and you always know how to calm me down if I'm anxious before a show. You're amazing, Willie. I love you, and nothing will change that. Not the band, not how many followers we have."

This time, Willie couldn't hold back the tears. He buried his face into Alex's hoodie, not caring if he left a tear stain. 

Alex gently kissed the top of Willie's head.

"Now, let's get some sleep. I don't know about you, but I have not slept well this past week."

Willie gave Alex a small smirk. "Was that because you were away from home, or because you were away from me?"

"You."

~~~

"Can you sing me to sleep?"

Alex hummed. "What song?"

"I don't know, surprise me."

(This song is 'The Crow & The Butterfly' by Shinedown. No lyrics are mine. Also, this song is kinda sad, but it's so good.)

🎶I painted your room at
Midnight, so I'd know
Yesterday was over
I put all your books on the top shelf,
Even the one with the four leaf clover
Man, I'm getting older
I took all your pictures off the wall
And wrapped them in a news paper blanket
I haven't slept in what seems like a century,
And now I can barely breathe
Just like a crow chasing the butterfly
Dandelions lost in the summer sky
When you and I were getting high as outer space,
I never thought you'd slip away
I guess I was just a little too late
Your words still serenade me,
Your lullabies won't let me sleep
I've never heard such a haunting melody.
Oh, it's killing me
You know I can barely breathe
Just like a crow chasing the butterfly
Dandelions lost in the summer sky
When you and I were getting high as outer space,
I never thought you'd slip away
I guess I was just a little too late
Just like a crow chasing the butterfly
Dandelions lost in the summer sky
When you and I were getting high as outer space,
I never thought you'd slip away 
Like a crow chasing the Butterfly
Dandelions lost in the summer sky
When you and I were getting high as outer space,
I never thought you'd slip away
I guess I was just a little too late
Just a little too late🎶

When Alex looked down, Willie was fast asleep.

~the end~

«authors note: sorry this was so short, I kinda have writing block atm 😭»

question of the day: if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?