𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

Start from the beginning

I nodded before turning to face her.

"This whole thing between us and what we talked about, are you serious about it? Do you actually think it'd be good for us to get into a relationship or at least try to? I just don't want to get burned by you again  and I- before I found out you were pregnant I started seeing Sophia. As in, not just hooking up with her and I haven't broken that off yet but I plan to. So, I'm asking you, is this real? Are you actually going to try before I throw away a potential relationship?"

Alex looked stunned and she just sat there not saying anything. She let out a low breath and stared at me.

"Yes, I want this. I want you. I want to try things and I think you and I could potentially have something great. I know this is a stretch and a jump for the both of us and I think we've skipped like every step in a normal relationship but, I want to get to know you and try things. I know I hurt you before and I don't want to do that again, so, I'm serious. I'm all in."

I couldn't help but to smile at her words. She's all in with me.

"Okay, I'm all in too."
Alex smiled before scooting closer to me. I could tell she wanted to kiss me and I wanted her to. I looked into her eyes before she leaned in and let our lips touch. After spending some time in her office with her, she spoke up as I was on my way out.

"I know this is weird and all but, do you want to come over? To my place today? After school of course. If you don't have to meet with Addison, we could watch a movie or- I don't know, just-"

"Yeah, just text me your address." I smiled before leaving.

.  .  .

I waited for Sophia at the tables outside the gates of the field. She walked over to me with a smile on her face which made me feel ten times worse. She's in a good mood and I'm going to snap that.

"Hey stranger!" She smiled before hugging me.
"Hey, um, I don't want to waste your time so I'm just going to say what I need to say."

"Oh no, did you murder someone?" Sophia joked.
"Ha ha" I laughed sarcastically.
"Soph, I'm- this whole thing we started it was going great. It is great but, I just, I can't. I can't have or start a relationship with you. I'm not in the right headspace and you know me, I'm not the commitment type and I want to just work on myself so I think it's best if you and I-"

Sophia looked down at the ground before staring back at me. "Who is it?" She asked lowly. I could see tears welling in her eyes. Here comes the waterworks. Dammit.

"Who's who?"
"The other girl."
"What other-"
"Girls like you don't just say stuff like that unless there's another girl. I mean, this is coming out of nowhere. What did you do? Get a girl pregnant and think I'm going to run away?"

My eyes widened and I quickly changed my face. "What? No that's impossible. I just- like I said I just want some time to work on me and I promise it's nothing you did I just, I need time."
"So you're saying I should wait for you?"
"No, don't. I mean- you shouldn't. I think you should try moving forward. Not backward. I'm not going to be ready for a long time so I'm sorry. I know you deserve better-"

"Great. So why did you even ask me to go on a date with you in the first place? Actually, don't answer that." Sophia said as a tear fell. She walked away from me and towards the field. I feel like an ass.

.  .  .

Alex's POV

I looked around my bedroom one more time as I waited for Y/n to come over. She said she'd be here any minute. I changed out of my work clothes and into something more comfortable. As I stood in my room, I looked around to make sure everything was okay.