XLIX: Discovery

I was out of my senses for a couple of moments before Taepung shook me to reality

I was out of my senses for a couple of moments before Taepung shook me to reality. Not known but I was just sitting blank. It was also not under my notice that my plate was empty.

Taepung hopped on his seat as he reached out for me.

"Noona, you know today my teacher gave me a classwork to write a paragraph on my favourite sibling or cousin."

I gave an impassive gape, "Whom did you dedicate the para?" My brows waved a question.

"You and Yoongi hyung." His words seemed to reverberate in my ears out of the blue as if it has some different motive.

"Yeah alright! I'm no kid!!" I yelled at aunt for triggering me to sleep early tonight. Come on man I can't fill in my bed before eleven. That's too cliché.

Uncle had progressed a lot in his inventional theories. He was now working on some molecule detector light that was not functioning properly. Refraction of light. That's what he told about the mechanism of that special light stick.

***

I laid back on the squishy billet making my arms work as a pillow under my skull. My eyes read the crystals hanging from the ceiling that glistened as the faint moonlight reflected on them. They looked beautiful with that bluish glaze. I looked at the window glass. The bright spots on the dark sky bed winked with every flap of my lids.

Unknowingly my orbs shut down and I drowned into a rapt slumber.

***

The next morning, soft sun rays knocked at my windows. I blinked open my eyes to see the pleasing golden light sunk in by the glass.

As I was gazing at the bright world outside, my memory centre reminded me of a moment. Last evening, I was left with an incomplete answer. I hopped off the bed and rushed to freshen up.

Slowly I advanced my footsteps towards the laboratory. That's where he's mostly available nowadays. I paused to take a break just before entering the room.

I heaved a sigh and stiffened up. Pushing the door in, I peeped in.

"Uncle...," I whispered.

There was nobody inside. I widened the door and walked in. Looking around I found no clues of uncle anywhere. But the laptop on his desk was flipped open. I scurried close and discovered some details about the molecule detector light on the flashed screen. Then I noticed the research device on the side of the table.

I took the gadget in hand. It kind of looked like a torch or more precisely a flashlight with broader glass. I bit my bottom lip. Should I test it? Yeah, let's see.

It was a little heavier too than the ordinary torches available in the market. I realised it when I held it in my grip. There was a small button on its top. My thumb clicked it.

There was a flash of bright white light rays as I made it work. The light was too strong that could turn anybody blind forever. But I enjoyed twirling with that in hand. I glinted it in every direction and soon got to detect its speciality. With the help of this implement, one could easily see the tiny dust particles or anything as such with naked eyes. Somewhat like sunlight when you look close through the sun rays entering your room. You will be able to watch the movement of dust molecules in the air.

Too much excitement is always proved dangerous. Me also not being an exception. I dropped the precious light with a thud on the glistening cold marble floor.

Nonetheless thank god that it didn't crack. It was still in one piece. I ducked to grab it with trembling hands-on and my eyes travelled in the direction at which it flashed.

The light beam landed under Yoongi's bed. Yoongi never forgets to make his bed in the morning. What a disciplined robot. I chuckled. However, from under his bed, I unearthed a cardboard carton. My inquisitiveness stretched my arms to pull out the box. And I opened it as my spirit of enquiry hit my extraordinary senses.

Bottles of bromine liquid, mercury, expired chemicals, scissors in supercut styles, speculums and refractors in styles such as hand-held, Awls, chisels, curettes, gouges and mallets, pliers, osteotomes, rasps, rongeurs, wire and pin instrument, pissectors, cannulas and a whole never-ending list of types of equipment. Even electrosurgical instruments such as bipolar and monopolar forceps and cables.

Well being a doctor, I knew the uses of these tools. These are for use in plastic surgeries. In this, a flap is partially attached to one's body that is repositioned and later on stitched over the area that is damaged or to be reframed. Then it undergoes microsurgery for connecting tiny blood vessels to the new site. For these purposes these gizmos are pertinent. I was cognizant of this little information since I saw the skin surgeons performing it live several times.

I would not be surprised if uncle told me that he wanted to utilise these in his experiments but to be honest I never saw uncle carrying this in heard him talking on it earlier.

Pressing my lips into a thin line I had a quick recap of my memory lane of the past weeks yet no sign of this mystery box was revealed.

The molecule detector caught my sight. So I clutched the light and stood up to place it back on the desk. Once again I ended up committing a severe mistake. Though I kept the torch safely on the tabletop, my palm hit a pen stand to topple over the laptop's keyboard. Another mess to work on. Great job Raehee. While picking up the pens and pieces of stuff from the board a few keys got pressed unintentionally as well.

And the research page was gone, instead, a new page popped up. I urged to complete separating the writing objects first from the pc out of my nonchalant perspective.

On finishing the uninvited task, my eyes studied the recently loaded page on the lit screen that left me in an out-and-out bolt from the blue.

=========
[UNEDITED]
Hello I'm back! Hehe regular updates cuz I wanna finish this before my tests. See ya!