Chapter 8

———————————————————————
Light acoustic guitar surrounded the room the unconventional family resided in.

The music was obviously coming from Wilbur, who was sitting on the the right end of the couch, strumming his well-used guitar, at this point.

Phil and Tommy were sitting together on the other end of the couch with Tommy reluctantly but comfortably sitting on Phil's lap with Phil's arms wrapped around him, both quietly listening to the music from the talented young boy.

Techno, as usual, was curled up in the lounge chair in the corner, minding his own business but still intently listening. Every so often, he would look up at his family and immediately bring his gaze back down to the floor, as if checking to make sure they were still there.

Once Wilbur's music slowly came to a close, and awkward silence filled the room.

It stayed quiet until Tommy tried to speak up, but was surprisingly interrupted by Techno, which surprised everyone into submissive silence.

"Hey Phil..."

"Hmm?"

"Where do you go once a week; beyond the forest I mean. Your gone for hours at a time and always come back with something different. I've tried for months to figure out where you go, but other than like a store of some sort, I have no idea."

"That's kinda out of nowhere Techno," Phil chuckled. "But, it's just a town, not that big of a deal. There are some stores, some houses, not much. Why do you ask?"

"Do you think you could take me with you next time?"

Tommy and Wilbur looked shocked. They were surprised, no doubt. They thought where their father went once a week was supposed to be an unspoken secret but he was being so open about it and Techno even had the audacity to ask to go with him!

"I guess I don't see a problem with you tagging along. Plus it might be nice for you to meet some other kids your age for once."

"Wait! Then I wanna go too," Tommy shouted.

Philza winced.

"One at a time, please."

Tommy pouted and looked away from his father, clearly upset by his fathers response.

Phil ignored him and looked back at Techno.

"Sweet," Techno concluded with a monotone voice.

The room stayed silent for just a moment.

"Dad," Wilbur spoke up this time. "Will you take us soon, too? I'm also very interested in seeing the city."

"I promise I will. Just in time."

"Ok...I can wait."

"For now, let's just enjoy our time here, together," Philza smiled.
————————————————————————

"Wilbur...," Techno whispered, amazed and speechless.

"Actually it's Ghostbur, but close enough."

"Oh..sorry."

Techno genuinely didn't know how to respond, what to say, or even what to do.

So many thoughts were racing through his head: How is he alive? How did he find me? Is he even the real Wilbur?

Techno quickly collected his bearings and stood up.

"You can't be the real Wilbur. Philza stabbed you. I watched him stab you. So what is this, some cheep trick?"

"It's just me, but as a ghost. Trust me I'm dead but back," Ghostbur explained. "Look, Phil'll tell you."

Ghostbur ushered for Philza to come in.

Philza awkwardly stepped forward, slightly waving.

"Hi Techno," Phil said sheepishly. "Long time, no ses, huh."

Techno wasted no time jumping into Phil's arms. He hadn't even realized he done it until Phil had brought it up to him.

"It's nice to see you too Techno, but you can let go now..."

"Wait...," Techno paused, pulling away from his father. "Can I clear something up first?"

"Of course," Ghostbur smiled.

"Why did you kill Wilbur, Phil?"

"Oh, well, because he asked me to..."

After a moment to pause and digest Philza's half-assed explanation, Techno decided:

"Ehh... Good enough for me. So, how'd you guys find me."

Techno didn't wait for them to respond before he started rummaging through his bag to find more cans of bean because his stomach was telling home that one wasn't enough.

"It was Ghostbur's brilliant idea," Phil explained
"He knew you would be here some how."

"Well, he was always the smartest," Techno identified still opening the can of beans, not even looking at the two entities in the doorway.

"I always thought that was you..." Phil whispered under his breath thinking no one could hear.

But, Techno turned around with a spoonful of beans in his mouth, hearing every word and, apparently, so did Ghostbur because he was glaring at Philza.

Techno quickly changed subjects to avoid any more collateral damage.

"So, when are you two leaving?"

"Leaving," Ghostbur whined. "But, we just got here. Don't you want us to stay?"

"I can barely handle one of you, so no, you can't stay."

"Wait," Phil exclaimed." Maybe I could stay with Techno and Wil- Ghostbur... you can go back and stay with Tommy."

"But-"

"Tommy really needs his family right now. He really couldn't handle both of us leaving. Please, go be there for him..."

After a second of thinking from Ghostbur and awkward staring from both Techno and Phil, Ghostbur made up his mind:

"Ok, I'll go," Ghostbur concluded. "I'm sorry I couldn't visit for longer but it was nice while it lasted. I hope to see you soon Technoblade. And, you too Philza."

"Same here buddy," Phil responded.

Techno just nodded.

They both waited for Ghostbur to wave his final goodbyes before Philza spoke up.

"So, is this where you have set up camp or have you been squatting elsewhere."

"I have a base Phil! I'm a bit more sophisticated than that."

"Are you going to take me to this said base, Technoblade?"

"You read my mind Philza Minecraft."

A/N: Sorry for any errors. I don't have the energy to proofread. I've been lacking motivation. Depression's been a real bitch