C| 3

Looking over at the pink clock on her nightstand, Davi's blurry eyes read seven-thirty on the display screen. She blew her breath and groaned, elucidating how tired she still was.

She contemplated sleeping a little longer, thirty minutes to her wouldn't hurt. However, it would.

Unless she wanted to do her morning regimen, she wouldn't go back to sleep. Plus, she had visitors today and needed to get up early to let them in.

Pulling the covers off of her body, she released herself from the full-sized bed and made her way to the bathroom. She turned the shower water on hot and soon began to brush her teeth.

The rest of Davi's time getting ready for the morning was very basic. She got in the shower, fixed her hair in an updo, wrote into her diary, and manifested of course; and then picked out herself an outfit and was now getting dressed.

It was going on nine o'clock and she wasn't sure of when the person or people were supposed to arrive, however, she was hungry and decided on fixing herself some breakfast.

She knew that she had to decide on something unheated since Vani had come and wasted the cookable food that she had left.

Nonetheless, she didn't care about eating a hot meal; and didn't mind eating a bowl of cheerios and a banana that she had left.

We're going grocery shopping later.

Once Davi was done fixing her breakfast, she made her way to the living room area to sit down and watch TV while she ate. She fished around for the remote, but the thumping at the door unoccupied her.

"Damnit," was all that she said before tending to the knocks on the door. She opened it up, confident that it would be the people that her new landlord, Ace sent over . . . "Are you here on behalf of Ace?"

Davi looked closely at the man and he nodded his head as he looked back and forth between the paper and the numbers located on the front of the house. "Yes ma'am, that's me."

She smiled half-way, opening up the door more to let the man in, and that he did; she gave him a once over.

He looked to be a contractor from the tool belt that he had around his waist. He was short and Hispanic, inky hair and beard, with grey hair grown throughout.

"You can follow me," she took off towards the bathroom. "I'll show you the bathroom. Do what you need to do and I'll be upfront."

The man nodded his head and walked into the now opened bathroom. Davi herself, went back to the front to finish finding the remote that she misplaced so that she could eat her cereal before it got too soggy.

Once she found it, she flipped through the channels before deciding on 'Roswell'.

• • •

"Yo, Taylor get the fuck up," Eric's baritone boomed throughout the room being the cause of Taylor's awakening. She quickly jumped up at his voice, ready for whatever he was yelling at her for, except for . . . "Yo, you fucking pregnant?"

Taylor's lips parted about to speak, but instead, his hand collided with the side of her face. She gasped and held on to her cheek. It stung. No matter how much Eric hit her, each one hurt the same, but this one hurt differently. It was a hit-filled with pain on both ends.

He began to grab Taylor by her neck, but she quickly flinched back making him miss his target.

"Eric stop, please. Just stop," was all that she could muster up to say. She crawled to the other side of the bed to get off and stood in that spot looking at him.