I felt my body's configuration shift. My bones buzzed with new found energy under my skin and started enlarge and change place. I couldn't help but gasp at the pain that coursed through me. My mum had told me the first shift would be painful, but the torture that I was feeling couldn't possibly be described with words. Biting my lip until I drew blood, I suppressed an agonised scream as waves of pain wracked my body. I groaned internally as I realised that I had forgotten to take off my clothes before shifting.

As my body contorted into a different form my clothes began to rip and as thick fur began to sprout from my skin the pain started to dissipate.

Panting a bit, with my head down I attempted to calm my racing pulse. Slowly and cautiously I trotted over to the lake to see my reflection. Snow-white fur covered my body and my eyes had changed to a shade of purple. My wolf was clearly happy to have been finally set free.

I heard a rustle behind me and I turned around to see a familiar looking grey wolf staring at me.

As he walked over it was impossible not to feel happy, I was filled with a warm, fuzzy feeling. I smiled internally as I came up with what I thought was a great idea. I tapped him with what was now my muzzle and started to run, I turned around quickly to see him standing there with a puzzled expression before he finally caught on and chased after.

I darted through the trees, jumping over logs and splashing through streams. I relished the feeling of the wind tangling itself in my thick, white fur as I raced through the forest. As I returned to the lake I was suddenly hit with a huge force from behind. Hitting the ground I flipped over onto my back to see the grey wolf standing over me.

We wrestled on the grass for a while till we both gave up and rested on the soft ground. Just as I was preparing myself to go to sleep, I felt a twisting feeling inside my body. As my bones started shifting again I gasped with terror; I was transforming and when I was human again I would be naked! The scraping sound of my bones knotting and grinding against each other almost made me gag, but I couldn't focus on that right now. All I needed to worry about was finding a place to hide. Then without much thought I dove into the icy lake.

I shivered, my body impacting with the icy cold water. I had jumped at a good time because I had now fully changed back into human form, stark naked. The wolf took one last look at me and ran off.

"Great," I muttered to myself, "Now I'm going to have to walk home naked."

Just as I was about to step out of the lake, much too my astonishment, a shirtless Marcus stepped out of the shadows.

I swam back into deeper water to make sure everything was covered. As he came closer I blushed a deep shade of red.

"M-marcus, what are you-" I stuttered as a damp feeling settled in my bones. My eyes widened as I realised that Marcus was the grey wolf all along. I just knew there was something familiar about him.

"Y-you?!" I fumed out of embarrassment and shock.

"I thought you might need a t-shirt," he mumbled as his eyes darted around nervously.

"Don't come any closer," I replied, "Just put the shirt on the ground and turn around."

He did as I told him and I quickly ran out of the water and put it on.

"Finished yet?" he called.

"Yep, you can turn around now," I replied.

He swivelled around slowly, taking in my appearance. The t-shirt only reached mid thigh and I tugged at the hem of it.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

He took a few steps closer until there was only a small space between us.

"Wait what are you-," I began

I was interrupted when he placed a hand on my face and brushed his lips against mine. Electric sparks danced across my skin and warmth spread throughout my body.

He pulled away with a creased brow and he searched my face for any signs of emotion. All I could do was stand there, my feet rooted to the spot.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what-,"

I finished his sentence with a gentle kiss of my own. After his initial shock at my unprecedented move he began to kiss me back. Our lips moved in synch and I smiled as he pulled me impossibly closer. Every inch of my body was pressed flat against his and my wolf howled with joy inside of me. I felt tingles coursing through my body and I willingly accepted as he began to deepen the kiss. After what seemed like an eternity of pure pleasure, I pulled away and stared into his stormy grey eyes.

"See you soon," I whispered breathlessly, before running off back home.

As soon as I was inside the house I instantly ran up and dove on my bed. Slipping my body under the quilt I smiled quietly to myself as I breathed in the woodsy scent of Marcus on the T-shirt he gave to me. My mind drifted back to him and a feeling of warmth settled inside me telling me that my wolf knew he was my mate. Closing my eyes, I let sleep take me away into a world of endless possibilities.