Ch. 14; Revelation

Start from the beginning

As the scouts returned to their HQ, Erwin was pulled aside by the commander of the military police, Nile Dawk. He was going to question Erwin as to why they returned with no results and less scouts than before. Mikasa was worried for Eren's fate, as the MP's and the jury were in favor of killing Eren during the tribunal, she wondered if they would let this slide because the armored had attacked once again. Armin helped Eren back to their room so he could rest, and Mikasa, Sasha, Aila, and Annie all met in Mikasa and Sasha's room to discuss the events of today, and what their next action will be. Mikasa locked the door and took her jacket and cloak off, sitting down on the bed, she leaned back and looked at the ceiling as she let out a sigh. "So.. what're we gonna do now? We can't let them get away with this anymore", she said looking at the others, Aila leaned up against the wall and crossed her arms, "You're right, me and Annie have agreed that it's time to take him out and possibly Bertholdt too" "Ok but when and where?", Sasha asked as she set her cloak and jacket on the nightstand, sitting next to Mikasa. Annie stepped forward, "On the next mission, we at least take Reiner out when we have the chance, however-" "-That means we'll have to take off to Marley the same night", Mikasa said cutting in. Annie sighed and threw her head back as she leaned on the dresser, "Yeah, that's whats gotta happen or we're done for", they all sat in silence for a moment, taking in the fact that they may be leaving their home soon. Out of nowhere, a voice came from behind the door, "Marley huh? Never thought I'd hear anyone here mention that place ever", Annie jumped up and threw the door open to see Ymir. Ymir let herself in and sat down in the chair at the desk, Annie closed the door and locked it once more. Everyone in the room shot up and was on alert, Annie swallowed her nerves, "W-Wait.. you know about Marley?!" "Yep, I lived there for fourteen years of my life as nothing more than a stepping stone for the people who used me", Ymir said leaning back into the chair. Annie began to sweat, she was confused, "What do you mean? I-Ive never seen you in the internment zone-" "That's because I was trapped in a titan's body for sixty years, until a certain group of dumb kids stumbled onto my napping place", Ymir said as she stared Annie directly in the eyes. Annie stumbled back, "I-It was you..? You're... you're the titan that ate Marcel!".

Ymir sighed and closed her eyes, "Yeah.. that was me, I'm sorry about that, if I was in control I never would've let that happen", Annie composed herself and took in a deep breath, "I don't care whether you're sorry or not, I didn't care for anyone in my warrior unit because they're all a bunch of dogs who follow anyone's orders". Aila whipped her head to look at Annie, she knew instantly that Annie meant it, "What is it you want Ymir?", Aila said as she stepped forwards. Ymir leaned forwards, "I.. want to protect Christa, from her family and Marley", Aila sighed in relief, "That's good to know, then we have similar goals. Tell you what Ymir, you help us fight against Marley, and we'll keep Christa safe at all costs", Ymir looked up surprised, "Really? You don't need me to convince you?". Aila stepped back and leaned against the wall again, "No, because we need you, because we can save Paradis and all Eldians including Christa now that we have you", Ymir frowned in confusion, "But it's just me and Eren that can turn.. right?". Aila pulled a knife from her boot and cut her finger off, Ymir jumped up, "AIL HAVE YOU GONE CRAZY WHAT THE... hell...", she stopped once she saw the steam emit from Aila's missing finger, and the finger grew back. She stumbled back into her chair, "N-No way.. you're one too?" "Yes, and so is Annie", Ymir rubbed her temples together and chuckled, "Hah.. haha, well hell, you've got my full support, but I do have a few questions if that's alright", Aila put her hand down and relaxed, "Ask Annie, not me". Ymir turned her glance to Annie who was staring at her sideways, waiting for her questions, "Alright, how do Sasha and Mikasa fit into all this?", Mikasa spoke up, "When Aila first found out about her powers, she ran off into the forest and transformed for the first time. Me and Sasha were on our way back to the infirmary you see, when Aila was found all bloody, it was because she was taken by someone and transformed into a titan, then was forcefully given a titan we have yet to confirm. However, when we were on our way back from the mess hall that day, we saw Annie rush out and was frantically looking around, we soon found out that Aila had run off because she was upset, and when we got to her, we found out the she and Annie could turn into titans, Annie then filled us all in on the truth of everything", Ymir stared in awe, she never in a million years would've guessed this would ever happen.

Ymir scratched the back of her head, "Alright, makes sense. Now onto my next question, what titan do me, Eren, Aila, and you hold?", Annie walked over to her lover and wrapped herself in her arms before speaking, "I hold the female titan, Eren holds the attack titan, and you hold the jaw titan, Aila however, is a mystery" "What? I thought you said there were nine right? That was only three", Ymir said in confusion. Annie sighed, "Yes, there are. Reiner holds the armored titan, Bertholdt holds the colossal, a girl named Pieck Finger holds the cart titan, a secret holder in a family known as the Tyber's holds the war hammer titan, and a man named Zeke Jaeger holds the beast titan" "That's still only eight", Ymir said with a snarky tone. Annie came to a realization, "Wait... you're right, there's no way Aila has the founding, the royal family of the walls has it so...", Aila backed up with confusion and fear on her face, "Th-Then I have a... tenth titan..?". Everyone in the room went silent, this was the first time even Annie had ever heard of a tenth titan. Aila began to think, "B-But there are only nine.. right?", Ymir inhaled and laughed, "Well who cares? Haha! We have more to fight Marley with that they have no idea about, this is great!", Annie relaxed a bit, "Sh-She's got a point, it doesn't matter now, you have control over your abilities so we can still fight". Aila calmed down a bit, Mikasa stood up and walked to her, embracing her. "Mikasa?", she backed away, "Aila, no matter the mystery titan you hold, we will always be here for you", Aila smiled, feeling comforted by the reassurance. Sasha hugged her, smiling, "Yeah! We all eat the same regardless so who cares?", Aila giggled at Sasha's obsession over food, "Thank's guys", Annie pulled her in for a kiss, "I will always be with you, no matter the mystery". Ymir gagged, "Agghhhhck! Get a room you cheese balls! Look, as long as Christa will be safe and free, I'm in. Speaking of which, I'll go get her now. We should tell her everything, especially because of who her family is", Sasha frowned in confusion as Ymir started towards the door. "Her family?", Ymir opened the door and looked at them sideways, "I'll bring her back and let her explain ok?", and with that, Ymir shut the door behind her, off to retrieve Christa.

A few minutes after Ymir left, she had returned with Christa. They sat her down and told her everything, about Marley, Eldians, what titans really were, about the nine titans, and about the two traitors among them. Christa sat in shock and heartbreak, "They- They really... are humans? And Bertholdt.. Reiner, how could they?", Sasha rested her hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort her, "I know how you feel, but it's the truth". Christa took in a deep breath, "Well.. I believe you and I'm with you all the way its just... hurtful is all" "I understand that, but we don't have time to waste, we're eliminating them during the next mission period", Aila told the small blonde. Ymir wrapped her arm around her lover, "Beautiful, you have to tell them what you told me about your family", Christa swallowed her nerves, fidgeting with her hands, "Alright, the truth is that my family is one of nobility, I was sent off to join the military to have purpose in my life" "I see, well regardless of your status, we need all the help we can get in protecting Eldia and Paradis". Christa became serious, she nodded in agreement of their plans, however Ymir wasn't done asking questions. "I have one more thing to ask, what are mine and Aila's abilities?", Ymir asked as she folded her arms, "Your titan, the jaw titan, has a jaw stronger than anything, you can crush anything. You also have sharp claws and teeth that help in combat, along with your titan's rather small size, you have a better advantage at being agile and quick", Annie said as she leaned on Aila's chest. Ymir unfolded her arms, "Alright, and Aila?", Aila frowned, "My titan has claw like protrusions from its knees, elbows, and knuckles, it also gave me the ability to telepathically communicate with other Eldians and to make a hard crystal on my body". Ymir nodded in understanding, "Alright, Annie what about you?", Annie sat up to attention, "My titan can harden faster than any other titan, aside from Aila's, I can also let out a scream that attracts pure titans to me, and if I take a bite out of any titan shifter I can mimic their abilities for a short period of time", Ymir and the others sat in amazement, shocked at her titans abilities. After discussing their plans, they all returned to their rooms, nervous for their assassination attempt that will soon be carried out.

After supper, the commander announced that Eren will be kept in the scouts, and that he, Eren, Levi, and Hange, along with a few other scouts, will need to go down to the capital of the walls in wall sina, Stohess district, to report what happened with the armored titan's return. Erwin also stated that while this happens, every graduate of the 104th in the scouts would need to stay inside the mess hall, unequipped with gear, and in their normal clothes to keep the media from asking too many unwanted questions. They had a day to prepare for their isolation, leaving most irritated and confused. Second in command, Miche Zacharious, would be here with them along with Nanaba, and several veterans by the names of Gelgar, Lynne, and Henning. No one was to leave the mess hall without permission for any reason. However, little did anyone know that tomorrow, would change their lives forever.