Prologue

**pics of senior year/College Derek Williams Hale by young Chris Hemsworth**

"Dad stay with me, please don't go I need you, we need you." Derek cried.

" No son you don't need me, at least not anymore, your mother needs you," he shook his head as the tears keep streaming down uncontrollably.

"Promise me you'll stay by your mother always and never let her be harmed, protect her with everything you've got" he nodded and forced a smile even if it looked like he was holding in a fart. " Good, remember I love you both." Peter said before taking his last breath without giving Derek a chance to say it back.

At this point you would of thought he would cry his eyes out but he didn't even make a sound, for he had stayed by his dad's side for days hoping, crying and praying for his recovery but now seeing his father take his last breath made him stop sobbing because he felt his dad would stop feeling the excruciating pains and finally rest but his mother was a different case entirely.

Karen was a crying mess, she looked like she slept at the dump for days. Derek was distraught to see his mother who always managed to get them all to smile always, look so disheveled.

He tried consoling her but to no avail, she cried till she fell asleep in his hands. He managed to carry her to his room to tuck her in as his dad is currently lifeless in their matrimonial bed.

Derek laid on the couch in the living room, with a lot of thought going through his head, well as many thought that can go through a seventeen year old's head, till he finally fell asleep close to midnight.

Derek woke up to the smell of pancakes coming from the kitchen and was surprised to see a duvet placed over him.

Confused he went to check who would be at his house at that time even if it was 10 in the morning, because he knew his mom would be either crying herself to death or asleep and also he doesn't remember calling any of his uncles or aunts not that he had any or so he thought.

When he got to the kitchen he was surprised to see his mother happily baking pancakes, to say he was surprised was an understatement, he was flabbergasted.

If Karen hadn't turn to get another plate for the freshly baked pancakes she wouldn't have seen a gaping Derek at the kitchen counter.

"Ah Derbear you are awake", he  frowned when she called him Derbear, it was what she always called him when he was a child, because he had a teddy bear that he named Mr. Pumpum. His five year old self was really a stranger compared to eighteen year old him, he still can't remember why he gave it that name. But his Mom said it was the cutest thing he ever did then, hence the nickname. She knew he hated the name but still calls him that to tease him.

"Just in time for breakfast. I made your favorite, pancakes with honey topping and jinseng tea." On every other day he would have jump at the Idea of eating them but given the current lose of a loved one he wasn't all that cheerful but instead he asked his mom if she was okay.

" I know you are surprised as to my cheerful mood after the loss of your father", he was beyond surprised, " but your father is gone and mourning his death and grieving would have been the most logical thing to do, but knowing your father he would have wanted you and I to be strong and go on with our lives."

Well that's what his dad would have wanted,
"So that's exactly what I did Derek, I already miss him so much it leaves a hole in my heart, but I need to let go and I also want you to do the same."

Now Derek understood, he missed him too like a lot but it seems like his mom was right he truly was gone never to be seen, at least till he was buried. The breakfast went normal as well as every other activities of the day.

Peter's body was consecrated and Karen made arrangements for a funeral as soon as possible. Guess she was really taking the moving on pretty fast and well or she was in denial. Derek couldn't really tell but he feels good to have his mother back to her old self.

The funeral came and gone and Derek decided to finish senior year and apply for a decent college to study Human psychology while Karen was keen on making sure her son gets the best of everything.

But above it all something was still missing the void that was left by Peter, a loving husband and a caring father.
Things are going to be different from now on that Derek was sure of.

And so what seemed like a normal life would soon take a turn so drastic that even Derek himself would be shaken at the kind of world his father's death will throw him into, as he finds out that not every fantasy fiction novels and films are fiction.

** That's it guys, the prologue to a fantastic an action packed book with thrilling adventures to keep you longing for more.
Remember I need your support 🙏🙏 and your votes. Do enjoy😘😘😋.
Next update comes up next week.**