37- Sinful Sunday

Comincia dall'inizio

"So why did you come to pick me up?" I asked, sitting beside her in the car.

"I felt bad because yesterday you went through like fifteen years worth of marriage issues with captain pussy popper and you're not even dating. So I'm taking you out," grinned Katana, turning the ignition key.

"Captain pussy popper? How do you even come up with these names."

"Well, one evening I walked in on Jasiah and Anna getting jiggy with it so that's what I call him when's he's acting like a little baddina - captain pussy popper."

I shook my head. "I'm seeing him tomorrow since I work for him so I'm not sure what going out will do for me."

"Just shut up and enjoy the day yeah."

Sheepishly, I stared out of the window whilst Katana drove away from the parking lot. Soon enough, signs pointing towards Enfield zoomed past my eyes. I closed my eyes, leaning my head against the window, allowing the rays of sun to warm my face.

I turned to Katana. "Can I ask you something?"

"You asking for permission is already a question."

"You said you're a Christian, why don't you go to church?"

Sighing, Katana explained, "I'm not a good person, church is for good people."

"What do you mean? Anyone can go to church."

"I'm a sinner, not a saint. I don't think God wants someone like me in His church."

"That's not true but whatever you've done, just know you're always welcome in church."

"Aww, you're so cute man but I'll think about coming again," laughed Katana, switching off the engine.

Jumping out of the car, I followed Katana into an alleyway behind shops and houses. The odd beam of sunlight filtered through, creating a pool of warmth on my back. We walked down alleyway a bit more until Katana stopped in front of an estate. She went to the nearest block and rang the buzzer three times. A few moments later, the door opened by a crack and a pair of curious brown eyes scanned our faces. When they noticed Katana, the door was pulled wide open. Jordan stood at the door with arms crossed.

"You're late," frowned Jordan.

Playfully, Katana punched him in the arm. "You know I'm always late so stop crying."

Confused, I followed Jordan and Katana through the door. Why did we come to see Jordan? We went up a staircase into an open-plan studio. A large crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling, illuminating the room. Jordan walked around the corner, presumably into his room to get something. I never really considered Jordan to be the artistic type but his flat's decor said otherwise. I stared at the far wall lined with Renaissance-style paintings and photos. Some photos were of Jordan, others were with his friends and family.

"Hey Katana, who's the boy hugging you in this photo with Jasiah and Jordan?"

"None of your business," replied Katana behind me. "I can't believe Jordan still kept the photo."

I looked at Katana. She was no longer wearing her shorts. She was in a lace thong.

Katana bit her lip. "Like what you see?"

"Erm no, why are you suddenly half naked?"

"Oh I forgot to tell you, Jordan's doing a tattoo on my thigh....  don't worry, I'm not planning on becoming a stripper just yet."

Shaking his head, Jordan walked back into the living room. "Man said yet like your parents would even allow you to become a stripper. They'd burn the whole club down - with you inside."