Intermission: I Will Always Be With You

Alternative Titles because I couldn't choose:

Messages in the Mist
Spirits In The Night
I Miss You Too
Like Little Shooting Stars
Make A Wish
Taken For Granted
Guardian Angels

so these titles are just basically hints as to what happens in this intermission.

ok enjoy the little intermission it adds nothing to the plot but I had fun writing this on a whim as it popped into my mind and suddenly gave me motivation.

enjoy lol

**

While the children and their newfound interdimensional friends played and spent the night together, and as Team Rocket peacefully sleeped in their base, two mysterious figures appeared on a cliff on Poni Island. Above them, a Pokemon flew into the night sky. It was a cloudless night, and a light breeze covered the island. The two were surrounded by mist. They were slightly transparent and had a blue glow as they looked up at the moon together.

They were spirits of people passed on. 

You know who they are, right?

"I sense... Tsurara's presence once again." One figure said. It was a large, rounded warrior with a mask. However, the mask had a huge crack through the middle, held together by magic, hinting at how he could have died. One eye was not visible, and the other glowed a bright yellow. Meta Knight sighed, looking down at his feet. "I do hope I have prepared Kirby enough for this threat."

"Don't worry, Meta Knight." The other, feline figure said. His cream coloured fur was still splattered in blood. His large eyes glanced at his friend. Meowth put a paw on Meta's shoulder. "Kirby will do it. He's strong, and we both know that."

"However, I sense more people from my own world. More people came to help Kirby." Meta Knight added, his tenseness sloughing. "Including my own squires."

"You have your own-?" Meowth pondered aloud. "They must have been heartbroken when they found out about your... death."

"Aye. I do hope they visit this island, seeing as we are able to come to the physical world with the help of this guardian Pokemon. I do want to tell my squires that I will be with them spiritually." 

"Jessie and James, too. Gosh... I feel so bad for them. I would have been broken too, if either of them died..." Meowth sighed, putting a paw on his heart,  even though it no longer beated. His chest was hollow, and so was Meta Knight's. Not mentally or emotionally hollow, physically hollow. There was no heart at all. They still had their emotions and thoughts, being spirits. "I was so dumb, back then. I literally killed myself to stay with James just a bit longer at the battle. I wish I wasn't so stupid like that. I shoulda done something-"

"I am sorry, Meowth, but there is nothing that could have been done. You probably might have died even if you got to the Centre in time. But, on a different topic, I am also in your debt." Meta Knight said softly, his eye turning grey, then blue with pride. He wrapped his cloak around himself tightly as he said that. "And, this may sound terribly selfish and I apologize, but I do enjoy having company here. I have been alone for far too much of my life."

"Oh, it's okay, Meta. I understand. Also... You-you are in my debt?!" Meowth yelped, putting his paws out in surprise. "How can the great Sir Meta Knight that you are, be indebted to a lowlife cat like me?"

"You saved Kirby, which meant you saved Alola, and my world too. Though you may seem like a 'lowlife', you were willing to sacrifice your life for my student, even though I failed him. I am more of a failure than I thought. Though..." He looked down at his shoes. "I do wish your bravery was rewarded with your life."