"Why would you possibly hide that from me?" Kathryn exclaims, absolutely flabbergasted by the confession.

Regina squints skeptically at her friend. "Because it seems my mother and sister are irked by the idea."

"That's ridiculous. This woman has clearly had a positive impact on your life. You seem content and if that's her doing, then screw everyone else. The fact that this woman was able to get you to become her friend and admit it in the first place, she's a winner in my book. She must have the patience of a god."

"Hey, we are friends," Regina lamely defends.

"It took you two years to even talk to me and finally you surrendered when you realized how often we were trapped in the same room together," Kathryn deadpans and of course, Regina rolls her eyes dramatically. "So, what's this mysterious woman's name?"

"Emma Swan."

~~~~~

"Emma Swan," her perky voice playfully teases into the phone just as she is stepping into her yellow bug.

"Yes, dear, I do know your full name," Regina deadpans, winning herself a heartfelt laugh that brightens up both their moods. "Are you busy?"

"Nope, just finished a photo shoot at sunset. Regina, it was gorgeous. Your niece really did me a favor with this engagement shoot."

"Well, I'm glad to hear that," her friend proudly states through the line and Emma can't help but smile at the woman's smugness.

"I'm starving though. I'm about to go grab a quick bite, but if you aren't doing anything, wanna meet up for dinner?" She hopefully asks because it has been a while since she sat down at a busy restaurant and enjoyed the atmosphere, but also because it's been two weeks since she has last seen Regina at the drive-in.

Even still, not a day has gone by without their easy text conversations.

"Hmmm, I might be able to accomplish that..."

"Are you trying to play coy, Ms. Mills?" Emma chuckles into the phone, placing the device between her ear and shoulder to start that old engine.

"Maybe."

"Don't make me beg," she whines, but her smile never falters.

"I can't help it, dear, it's the lawyer in me. I love to watch people squirm," she seductively taunts and Emma really wishes this woman wasn't always teetering on the edge of dangerously flirtatious.

"Come on, how about some good Italian. My treat," she offers, her voice scaling higher than it ever has before in hopes this woman will join her.

"Text me the address, Swan."

"Sounds like a plan. Can you meet me in a half hour?"

"I will be there."

~~~~~

Regina was punctual, encased in the most stunning blue dress Emma's eyes have ever had the good grace to land upon. The woman's hair was extra sleek and silky this evening, resting upon her chest and practically glowing in the soft dim light. And the heels, dear god, the five inch heels that finally granted Regina a bit of height on Emma.

Luckily, Emma had come from work, so her attire wasn't too casual for Regina's ensemble. Her long legs were clad in her black dress pants, accompanied by an olive green button down blouse and a pair of cute black suspenders. Not too over the top for the Italian restaurant, but perfect for the friendly dinner date.