Chapter 5

A/N: RIP my ipad. No more new drawings from me until the new charger comes in. Also where the heck did you all come from?  O_o

***

"Oiiii Kiddooooo," Walter whined as they sparred, "You're training to be one of the servants, aren't you? What job are you getting, do you know?"

"I'm training to be the young master's personal attendant," Altair replied evenly.

As always, Walter had quite the expressive reaction.

"Ehhhh?! Really, now? Wow, I just feel bad for you."

"To us, there is no higher honor," Altair responded matter-of-factly, "but yes, I'm prepared to be faced with... certain difficulties during my service."

After all, it was no secret in the estate of the young master's bratty behavior. News of a screaming, angry child throwing tantrums, breaking priceless objects, and berating some unfortunate maid was not new at all.

In fact, the rumors had even started to spread outside of the estate of their ill-tempered young master. All of the servants pitied whoever was chosen to handle the child for the day— and for whoever was chosen to be stuck at his side for the rest of his life? It was akin to daily punishments and constant stress, which was true enough for the past Altair.

Walter gave him another look of sympathy, pausing his onslaught of heavy blows. "Geez, Kiddo. Well, I'll pray for your well being for the future then. Don't die on me, a'ight?"

Altair gave him a smirk and kicked him in the knee. "Don't worry about me. A beating or two won't kill me."

Walter's usually cheery expression twisted to a frown, but he didn't say a word.

"Ah right!" Walter said quickly, changing the subject as his eyes brightened again. "Are we goin' to do that thing okay?"

Altair huffed. "Yes, I'm going to do a full shift today."

Unlike last time, he came prepared with spare clothes. It had been so long since he did one, so it was highly likely that shifting would rip apart his clothes.

"You wanna do it now~?" Walter said with an excited grin.

"Sure," Altair said, though inwardly he was practically punching the air with excitement.

He made his way to a nearby bench, beside the other soldiers, some who had curious glances directed towards him, others looking at him with disgust. Again, not surprising.

He took off his shirt and laid it down on the bench, beside his extra pair of clothes, and after tucking the garment neatly aside, he finally shifted fully.

Being a child, he obviously still had no muscles visible, but he definitely was far from scrawny, looking especially able-bodied compared to other boys of similar age at the estate. But once he began shifting, his form enlarged, hunching over to accommodate his four legs, limbs stretching out in just the right places to tingle satisfyingly. The best part was when the tail stretched out, and he could feel his throat rumble with pleasant satisfaction.

He shrugged off his torn pants, now ripped along its seams, and placed it on the bench. Tail swishing happily behind him, he strode towards Walter who had the sparkliest expression yet.

'Grace yourself with this elegant form, human,' Altair huffed, and though his words were of jest, he would be lying if he said he wasn't incredibly smug at the moment.

Although he was still just a pup, their beast forms tended to be abnormally large compared to their animal counterparts, who were already quite large compared to humans. In the manga, Altair's bestial form was big enough to carry two people on his back—around the size of a steed, but with less height. As a result, he was currently the size of a large dog.