12 | 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔊𝔦𝔣𝔱

Start from the beginning

"They already smell so good!" Liv exclaims, I nodded in agreement. I knew we were going to be impatient and want to eat it before they are fully ready, so I set an alarm and took Liv to the living room. She sat down on the couch and I laid with my head on her lap, we always used to sit in this position during movie nights. 

"What do you want to watch?" I asked her. She absentmindedly stroked my hair, her face seeming distant. 

"I don't really mind, you can choose tonight," she replied after a while of thinking. I changed my head's position and gazed up at her. "Really?"

We liked the same genres, which are basically almost every one there is, and have the same taste. So it really is convenient.

"Yeah, I always pick a movie. Now it's your turn," she spoke softly, smiling back down at me. I thought about it for a minute.

"Ooh, I know!" I said eagerly. "What about The Fault in Our Stars? I've heard that it's an amazing movie. The book is also really good," I told her. She looked content with my suggestion and smiled. 

We put it on and turned the volume up, we chatted in-between a bit. About what's been happening in both our lives, at school, with family, friends and all.

When the timer on my phone sounded, I paused the movie and checked on the delicious-smelling goodies. As I pulled the lever of the oven open, a cloud of the chocolaty cookies scent blew in my face. I inhaled deeply. "They smell wonderful!" I yelled towards the living room.

I heard light steps coming nearer. "They look wonderful, too," she noted, gaping at them. If this was a cartoon, we'd both have been drooling already.  

We took a bite on the count of three. My teeth sunk in and I moaned in delight. They were perfectly baked, not a minute too long or short. The right amount of sugar and flour, everything! 

We ate two or three pieces more and stored the rest in the fridge for later. We went back to the couch and resumed watching the movie.

-

All the names of the cast, director, writers and producers displayed on the screen. By now I was fully crying, tears streaming down my face. Yes, I was very sensitive with movies. Liv wasn't surprised, she knows that I always cry during sad scenes. It has a happy ending, everyone's smiling and laughing, everyone's dead and crying... It doesn't matter, I'll cry either way. 

A notification popped onto my phone screen with a bleep. I sniffed and scanned my phone over quickly. A text message? Who from? I wondered as I searched for a name. 

Natalie: hey sophia, its natalie. i just wanted to let you know that theres a party tonight. (

Another text followed under it with an adress.

Natalie: if you come, and i rlly hope u do, take it as an opportunity to get to know other students of the school better. it starts at 8 and ends at 3am. u dont have to stay till then, u can go whenever you want, but im telling u that your friend eva will 100% be there!

A party? An actual high school party? Why would she invite me?
I started typing back.

Me: a party? idk natalie.. parties really arent my 'thing'. 

I continued my questions shooting.

Me: its evie, actually. but how do u know that she will be there? did she tell you?

Natalie: she didnt exactly tell me, but she always goes. she never misses a party, leslie told me. come on, sophia. im not going to pressure u into going but i rlly think u might enjoy it. u need to let loose a bit, u always focus so much on your grades and everything. have some fun! youll never know who youll meet ;)