Sports Festival Preliminary Rounds

It was officially the day of the Sports Festival, alot has happened since the first day of school. Well first off there was that villain attack at the USJ. Apparently there was a creature there that went toe to toe with All Might. However, there was something awfully strange about that creature, is seemed very unnatural. I was told that Mandalorians would investigate the situation alongside All Might and his police friend.

There was also a mutual friendship between me and Shinso. Since we had first met he seemed pretty alright so I continued talking with him. He had told me he wanted to join the hero course as will but was unfortunately rejected, still he wouldn't give up. I wasn't sure how serious Shinso was about this until I saw how he confronted class 1A. He had made his stance very clear and asserted himself firmly. Everyone stared at him as he bluntly insulted and basically threatened the entire class. When some ash blond kid who seemed somewhat familiar tried to talk him down, Shinso immediately retorted against him.

Admittedly, I was impressed by his unwavering resolve, so I had decided to approach him about something. I went up to him as the crowd dissipated and told him to follow me to somewhere private.

"Can you keep a secret," I asked when we got somewhere while we got somewhere.

He nodded as I deactivated the hologram masking my Mandalorian helmet. For the briefest of seconds it looked like his eyes were about to pop out of his sockets due to shock and surprise. But, he quickly recomposed himself and started asking questions. I answered his questions until I made the suggestion to help train him in combat for the Sports Festival to try and improve his chances. Training with Shinso is what took place the entire weekend. In all honesty he was a quick learner and showed improvement in that area.

Currently, we were seated in a waiting room for our class to be called to the arena. The two of us agreed to a general strategy for these first few rounds. It was rather simplistic but effective, lay low while avoiding attention and work together if possible. The only equipment I had on were just my gauntlets and durasteel sword, so I wouldn't draw any attention, they'll just think I'm some support course student inspired by The Mandalorian's gear. With those two equipped as well as the hologram activated I was also wearing the UA gym uniform, as was everyone else.

Eventually, a loud booming voice went on the intercom announcing for class 1C to enter the arena.

Collectively, the entire class got off their seats as we entered the arena. Once we were outside we were greeted by a decent level of cheering.

Then class 1B was called out and the crowd's enthusiasm had increased. Once they were lined up, class 1A was called out. When they entered they were greeted by roars of cheering and excitement, much more than any other class had received. This wasn't really a surprise considering they were on the headlines last week. However, it was made clear that this crowd was mainly excited for the hero course. Still, I had to maintain my focus and my senses sharp, Mandalore would be watching my performance.

Once class 1A was settled in, some guy called Bakugou was called to the front to say a few things. I think it had to do with some kind of school pledge or a statement, something along those lines.

He cleared his throat as he made his way to the microphone, "I just wanna say, I'm gonna win."

He then walked away as th he crowd and some students started booing. I recognized him as the guy that Shinso argued with but he still seemed familiar, like I should know him from somewhere. Anyways, it's nothing of importance.

The hero Midnight then went up to the stage and announced that our first activity would be a obstacle race. Only the first 40 thay passed the race may proceed to the next round.