🌸 Chapter One

It was like any other day for me during vacation time

It was like any other day for me during vacation time. I woke up in the morning, got dressed, and, since it was the winter holidays, I walked towards the small door that opened up to my little garden to check on my flowers. It was snowing outside, and it was so cold that I had to put on double clothing – a long-sleeved sweater and a hoodie. Opening the back door of my house, I noticed that my flower pot, adorned with purple roses, had been destroyed. I immediately knew who the culprit was: my stupid cat, who dashed away as soon as I entered the garden. While I was cleaning the pot, I heard someone screaming. Glancing in the direction of the scream, I realized it was my mother, who was walking towards me as she left for work. As she entered and saw me cleaning the flower pot, she hugged me tightly. All I could do was blink and stare in confusion.

"I have great news for you. Your aunt just called me and said that she has invited you and your friends to her daughter's wedding." In response, I quickly stood up, looking genuinely surprised.

"What!? She really invited us?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes, and not only that, the four of you are going to attend a new school in Korea. Additionally, you'll need to learn to be princesses because your cousin sister is marrying into a royal family. So, you four have to become well-educated royal ladies," my mom exclaimed in excitement.

"What! Really?" It was my turn to be genuinely surprised and excited.

"Get ready and leave tomorrow. Call your friends, tell them to pack their bags, and come over. It'll be easier for me to drop all of you at the airport together in the morning," my mom answered with a wide smile. However, I could sense the sadness behind her cheerful expression, knowing she won't be seeing me for a while.

I quickly hugged her. "Okay, Mom, I will. And I'll be back for sure."

She patted me on the back, and I slowly let go. Giving me a smile, she pointed towards my room upstairs, to which I nodded and started to run up the stairs in excitement. Quickly entering my room, I called my friends, instructing them to pack their bags and come over. As I finished packing, I heard footsteps on the stairs approaching my room. I recognized them by the hurried footsteps.

"Hey, guys, did you pack your stuff?" I asked the moment my friends stepped into the room.

"Oh yeah, and we left our bags downstairs so it would be easy for us to put them in the car," Konomi spoke confidently, causing the other two to squeal with excitement. But I knew better.

"Oh, let me guess, Hikari, don't tell me you packed your whole room and brought it here? We can get clothes and stuff from there. I promise I'll buy you nice hair clips, and I don't need to say the rest, do I?" I answered with my hands on my hips, giving her a serious look while smiling.