The Stranger from 'Earth'

CHAPTER 1

Ignatius POV

Hello, I am Ignatius. I am from another world different from this one. I don't know how I got here. I just went on a camping trip and stumbled into a cave. I saw a gleaming light burning my eyes and here I am. This portal transportrd me to This Land of Dawn. I am just a newbie here so I talked to some locals. They didn't knew where I am from.

"I am from a place called Earth" I replied

They knew little about earth. Some never heard of it before. I was distinguishable from the rest of the land of dawn citizens because of my attire. T-shirt, trousers, and rubber shoes. While their attire is a robe, linen pants and shoes made from cloth. I don't know where I am. I just saw a big city in thr distance gleaming with light. I followed the light. But I was stopped on my tracks of these weird wolves. I fought them ofcourse, thanks to training at karate class. But they bit me. I bled for an hour and became unconscious.

Miraculously, I'd say, a solider saw my bodie bloody and wounded, took me to the city of lights I was following the previous night. I was taken to the hospital there and got cured. My nose rubbed in my fallibility for I don't know where I am from. There were no AirCons or electric fans. Just air. That's all. No IV lines, completely different style.

I saw an angel. Healing the wounded that was also in the ward with me. And that's the first time I knew magic was real. When he got to me, she questioned my origin. I said I'm from another world, that I am lost and need a way home.

"I am Rafaela. Maybe the princess can help you." she replied.

"The princess?"

"You're in the empire, stranger. The Moniyan Empire. Princess Silvanna may know what happened to you." she said to me while offering me a blessing.

So Rafaela led me to Ilumina city, the said capital of the Moniyan. She led me to silvanna, The princess and queen regent. I don't know what to do honestly, I have greeted the president but not the Princess. I don't know should I curtsey or bow or something? I don't know. I'll just act formal.

"Princess Silvanna, this man is lost, he says he's from another world foreign to ours."

Silvanna stepped down from the steps of the pedestal where her throne is sitting. I'm still anxious if she's nice or not. If she's going to help me or not.

"Follow me." she said to me with determined eyes.

I followed her to the library. I don't know why we're going there but what can I say? She's the princess.

"Please take a seat." Silvanna said.

"So where are you from, exactly?" She asked me.

"I am from Earth."

"So the myths are real?"

I was surprised that earth is just a myth In the land of dawn. They acted like earth didn't exist.

"Earth is not a myth, your majesty. I came here through this portal in a cave on the mountain. Not sure how I got here but um you get the point." I explained.

"That must be in the Lantis mountains south of the empire."

"What? I beg your pardon, I'm new here I don't know Land of Dawn demographics yet." Trying to be as formal as I can be, I don't know why tho 😂

"The mountain range makes the border of the Barren Lands and the Empire. The Barren Lands live the most evil, no one ever from other areas of the land of dawn allowed to go there. Once you do, you'll experience corrosion and work for the demons." Silvanna's eyes teared up after saying that.

"Your Majesty?" I asked "What is the problem, did I say something?"

"No it is nothing, just that it reminded me of my brother."

"You have a brother? I don't see him around here."

"Aurelius- uh, Dyrroth. He is my younger brother I'm desperately trying to get back"

"You said that anyone who goes into the abyss will work for the demons there right? Is that what happened to your brother?"

Silvanna couldn't hold herself. She bursted into tears as she said this.

"He was kidnapped on his first birthday. By a demon. He was taken into the abyss and raised there. Now, he's the prince of the abyss. I don't know what happened, I was watching his cradle that night..."

"Oh. Sorry, I-I didn't know that..."

I feel bad for her. Basically. It brings back memories of my own

"I have a little sibling like you. I was babysitting her when a man walked into our house. Begging us for money. He shot us both and got the money. We were both rushed to the hospital. I survived. My sister, she died. I forgot to lock the door after my parents left. I can relate, Silvanna."

"You too? We do have dark backstories. But that is not important now. What is important is to get you home."

I would want to get home but I have my own reasons.

"Actually, my mom and dad died of a disease years ago after my sister past away. I was the odd one out so everyone left me. I was thinking about living here for the moment."

"Do you have fighting experience?" She asked me pulling her lance out.

"Yes. I was a black belter in martial arts in earth. But I wasn't that handy with weapons." I 'humbly' said.

"No, that's fine. We will take you in and make you a knight. And in that way you can have a living for yourself here. Housing will be provided and all of the privileges"

"Thanks, your majesty but that's okay. I can't accept such an offer-"

"You are up for the challenge. Please. The empire needs more warriors." Silvanna cut my words and replied. I was honored. To serve with my home sport.

I accepted her offer and went into training right away. I learned land of dawn history and demographics. I learned new battle techniques and one day, at my final day, I got my own sword. I took an oath to always do for the best of my fleet, myself and for the empire.

I got interested in wielding magic too. So I went on my journey to the Magic Academy. To learn some real magic tricks and to combine it with my knowledge of combat. So off I go, good luck I guess.