Day Five

Sorry, guys, where was I?

Richard was reading over my shoulder, so I whacked him upside the head with my notebook. It turned into an all out war, throwing everything we could reach, until I picked up a hammer (I swear to God, I wasn't going to throw it) and Jeremy leapt to the rescue. Not sure if he was rescuing Richard or his hammer, but he pounced and wrestled the hammer off me.

Anyway. Shopping day. Yes.

Hamster and I went down to the shops and spent the better half of the day shopping. It was actually really fun, because we left Jeremy at the garage, hopped in the Jeep and went to three different shops. I'm still convinced the only reason Richard came along was because I mentioned wanting a new dress. Men. But hey, he didn't complain about my trying on half the store so I suppose I can't complain either. And I actually got two really pretty dresses, summery one that don't restrict movement for kicking a bitch, well zombie, and high tailing it back to the car. Which we actually had to do today.

See, we were heading towards the exit and bickering over Subway, when we caught sight of a stray zombie. It was standing by the rack of plaid shirts and nibbling a sleeve, completely oblivious. So we had to sneak past it, weighed down with bags of clothes, and once we were outside the store we made a break for the car. Where we ran into another zombie. We were both weaponless like total morons, and the zombie had seen us. I took a deep breath and ran towards the Jeep, shrieking at the top of my lungs. And it worked. The zombie stayed well clear of me and my flailing limbs, and I grabbed out the shotgun from the front. It was already loaded so I just turned, took aim, and blew a hole in the back of the zombies head. Richard screamed.

When I say he screamed, it wasn't some manly yell, it was a high pitched one, like when he squeaks. To be fair, he did just have zombie brain splattered on him, and a bullet fly over his head, but still. I was laughing so hard I almost couldn't shoot the other zombie that was coming after us.

Once both zombies were on the ground, and Richard had convinced me I didn't need to do the double tap (killing them twice, just in case) because I'd shot their brains out, we threw the bags in the back and drove back to the garage. We didn't have to worry about the 3 o'clock mass either, because we'd been shopping for so long they'd already gone.

I shoved Richard into the shower, literally, the moment we got back, and left the doors of the Jeep open to air it out. Zombie brains are not a nice smell. Then I noticed a smudge of zombie on my new dress! Fucking zombie guts get everywhere and it's the green lace one, so it is not going to come out easily.

Although one thing did make me feel better. When Jeremy wandered through the whole in the wall to see if I needed help with anything, he took one look at the dress and let out a whistle. I blushed despite myself and shoved his new clothes into his arms.

"These are yours, try not to ruin them again."

He just grinned, following me back into the main garage, and more likely than not, staring at my ass.

Richard's finally out of the shower now (how the hell does it take him twenty minutes to wash his hair?) and I've ordered Clarkson to have one just so that he'll stop staring at me; lying down on a dress to write this wasn't the smartest idea. But I don't mind Richard staring, he's already caught me staring when he got out of the shower– if you don't stare when guys are wandering around with only a towel around their waist and damp hair, you're lying. And I mean, have you seen Richard? It's hard enough not to gape when he has a shirt on. Especially if it's one of his tighter ones. Which I've been deliberately getting more of for him.

Oh, god, I sound like a horny teenager. I think it's my turn for a shower. A cold one.