Forgiveness and Trouble

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean?"

Devon flicked the bud of his cigarette to the ground and sighed.

"Adrian and I had sex the other day. I thought maybe if I tried to get with him it would change his mind. But I'm never going to the one he wants now. I saw how happy he was with you and I can't compete with that. I hope you always make him that happy."

Devon was hit in the jaw as Grayson was furious. "You have been fucking him!!?"

"Look man, I just said..." I wanted to punch him again but it wasn't worth it.

"You disgust me Devon. You do nothing but ruin other people's view on love. I'm still trying to mend Adrian's broken heart and here you are telling me that not even a few days ago, you guys fucked?"

I can't believe this...

Devon sighed again and spit the blood from his mouth to the ground. "I never wanted to hurt him. It was just hard to explain my situation to him. Whether or not he tells you the full story is up to him. Adrian left that day to be with you. He was upset with himself for even spending those moments together."

I watched Devon walk off with his head to the ground. He definitely looked different this time as if he was sick. "What's wrong with you?!"

Devon disappeared from view leaving me pissed more than ever.

ADRIAN POV

The next morning it was already raining out. The sound of it pounding against the roof and window. Sleep was all I wanted until I felt a strong pull on the blankets. The cold air in the room surrounding my body. "Ugh...Gray..." My voice was deep and raspy. 

"Adrian it's your favorite Aunt Tricia. If you get up, I'll give you a ride to school today. I wish you didn't have to go.

"Tricia I wanted to finish the year. What happened is over, I feel better." I stretched before sitting up in the bed.

"Adrian just reconsider it please. I don't want to make another trip to the ER."

"Tricia, I promise you. There will be no more hospital trips."

She gave me the uh huh face before closing the door. I wish I knocked on wood.

I looked around the room and noticed Grayson's belongings gone that were here last night were gone. "Did he leave in the middle of the night?"

I picked up my phone to check for calls or messages and there was nothing. Maybe I'll just message to see if he was gonna take me to school.

6:30 AM 

Hey babe, Are you still going to take me to school today?

6:45 AM 

Uh, Is everything alright?"

I had begun to worry. Grayson always answered my texts. Did I say something wrong? 

"Adrian! Come on, you need to eat!"

I sighed before putting on a hoodie and clean sweats. My hair was an absolute mess but I didn't have enough time to fix it. I had to be at school by 7:15am.

"Coming!" I rushed downstairs and as I turned the corner, Tricia set down a plate of eggs and bacon. "Eat and you can take my keys and drive to school."

"Did Grayson not show up?" 

"Sorry sweetie, he left early this morning. Said something about having to help his father."