The return of Paula.

The sun filtered in through the stained windows of her bed room.Paula Rodriguez opened her eyes slowly,she turned her head and surveyed the room,a pang of pain hit her head as she tried to stand up.

'Oh no hangover' she wailed and plopped back on the bed.On most days,Paula woke at 5 am,prayed with her rosary to her guardian angel, St. Guadeloupe ,before getting ready for her day,but on this day,she woke up groggy, owing  to the party she had thrown the night before to celebrate her new acquisition,  a masters degree in business administration.At the party she had said her goodbyes because she was leaving New-york for good,going back to Mexico the land of her birth.

Paula came to New-york when she was ten years of age,her home in Mexico had become unsafe due to power clashes between the mafia families.Her father Jose Mario Rodriguez sent her to the USA, to a Catholic  boarding school so as to protect her.She was handed to sister Annette,one of the matrons at St. Catherines.  Those years at the boarding school were the hardest.Paula cried herself to sleep every night,missing her parents  and her nanny. For a year,she was a recluse,skipping most of her classes to hide in the wardrobe.Then one day,a new student came to the school and was put in Paula room. Maria was a Spanish like her,but high spirited,vivacious and beautiful. She broke through Paula 's walls with love and persistence, they became best of friends,she introduced Paula to cigarettes,ear piercing and parties outside school. Nevertheless their lives were restricted and ordered by the nuns which the girls rightly hated.

When they graduated from St. Catherine, Maria pursued an art degree,while Paula enrolled in New-york  business school.They rented a studio  apartment where they lived as free girls,partying every weekend.However,before Paula was through  with college, Maria hooked up with a rich Arabian man who married her and took her to UAE. Paula  never became attached to anyone,but because of her extreme beauty,she had lots of friends, changing boyfriends every other week.

Coming out of her reverie,Paula looked at all her belongings packed in storage  boxes.New-york had suddenly lost its appeal,she has promptly informed her parents of her decision to come back.

           *******************************************************

Jose Mario was the richest man in  Mexico. He had a big business empire whichincluded; Rodriguez oil company,Rodriguez electronics,Rodriguez textile,and other smaller business with other rich families. Among these families,the Bermudez were the closest to the Rodriguez,they had a steel  or pan which had smaller subsidiaries. The two families ruled the business world and economy of Mexico,they were more powerfu than even the president.

However, this year,the Rodriguez had been experiencing financial problems as most of their exports were impounded at the ports and their workers harassed,their exporting license was also seized.Jose was baffled by these sudden occurrences, he deployed men into the field to investigate. A board meeting was held to salvage issues.When Jose entered  the board room he saw the stoic faces of the members and knew trouble was about.

'Senor,if something is not done fast,we may go bankrupt, the price of our shares have fallen as investors are selling out at low prices.What do we do ' the secretary  said soberly.

'I am the most powerful man in my country,yeti cannot stop myself from falling' he said obviously depressed. The door opened and Marcus Delavega, his right hand man walked in and whispered to him.Jose gave a small smile and announced that the meeting was over,assuring them that he would turn things around.

'Do not wail much,the situation is under control,a press conference will be held to that effect' Jose said. He exited the board room,  marching to his office with determined strides,with Marcus behind. Bursting into his office,he turned on Marcus.

'Tell me I did not just make fake promises' he quipped.

'I have made a higher bid to the right authorities.  Our license is back and our cargo released' Marcus said.

'Interesting news,however what do you mean by higher bid? 'Jose asked.

'There are evidences that support the fact that the Bermudez have been sabotaging our empire' Marcus dropped the bombshell.

'What?'! Jose exclaimed, sitting down hard in his seat and fixing Marcus a hard gaze.

Marcus explained how Marcello Bermudez  had been sabotaging their business, paying the port authority to cease any cargo from or to the Rodriguez holdings, and to disrupt their license. He also told him of the plot to raze their warehouse at Jalisco with fire .This would have been the biggest blow to the empire.Jose exploded in anger,thrashing his table.

'How dare he,was he so jealous of my position that he chose to betray me this way?' He said

'We have to send him a message the mafia way,he drew the first blood,let him taste it ' Marcus said through clenched teeth.

'Get me our men, message will be sent' Jose ordered.

        *************************************************************************

Aurelia Bermudez was the wife of Marcello,she was a society woman who shared the throne of Mexico with Ines Rodriguez, wife of Jose. On this day,she was just done having lunch at the St. Morita restaurant,she was standing in front of the glass doors waiting for her driver to turn the car around,just as he was approaching,approaching black sedan do everything through the gate and halted in front of her,before she could say 'Jack Robbinson' two men hopped out and dragged her into the car with an hand kerchief pressed to her nostrils , and the car drove off. She was taken to one of the warehouses in guadalajara.

      Meanwhile, preparations were ongoing to receive Paula from the states, Ines turned the grounds of their grand mansion into a party hall. Tables and chairs were arranged and clothed with rich velvets, the shrubs were decorated  with lighting. Different Mexican dishes had been  prepared  for the few but important guest that would be in attendance. Paula returned in the family private jet, and driven to the mansion in a limousine. As she stepped out,her nanny ran out of the house to embrace her, she cried and blessed the Virgin Mary for bringing Paula back.

'Come,your mother is waiting,she has hired a throng of beauticians to get you ready for the party' Nana Rosa said pulling Paula to the house.

'What party nana'

'You did not expect to come home after a decade and expect your mother to not throw a party' Nana replied. As they entered the room which had been Paula ' s ,she opened her mouth awed.

'This is marvellous 'she exclaimed.

'Your mother's doing,this room was like a project to her,you should see your wardrobe,you need not have brought any luggage ' Nana said beaming with smiles.

'I need a bath,I am so jet lagged

'Sure,I will be downstairs,take your time, the beauticians will be here soon, welcome home my darling'. Nana said and left the room. Paula strutted  across the room,smiling and examine everything, ' I am home' she said.

******hey fellas,

you enjoyed this part, like and comment****************