Mya told herself it was more than time to leave behind what they once shared. She wouldn't dare call it love anymore. This was not love. It was a binding. A binding whose threads were ready to be cut.

Mya trembled lightly, trying to keep her tears in. "I love you. I love you so much. But you destroyed me. You took every piece of me — my dreams. My love. My secrets. My fears. And I've held myself together for so long and tried to ignore you and pretend you didn't exist, but I saw you every day. Smiling. Laughing. Happy. How have you remained so happy?"

Tristan's face screamed a million apologies and a sadness Mya was sure she's never seen before, but she didn't care. At the end of the day, Mya was in more pain than he could possibly ever be. That was just the truth.

"I think that was the worst part. You remained happy. So happy, as if we never even dated. You told me you loved me, Tristan. You fucking lied. You lied to me. To me out of all people. The most understanding person ever. You were everything to me. Do you hear me? Do you understand?"

"Mya—" Tristan got closer, making Mya step back. He reached for her, speaking in a hushed tone, "I didn't lie to you when I told you I loved you. I would never lie to you about something like that, but we can't do this here. People are looking at us."

Mya blinked, allowing the information to process in her mind. Then she could feel eyes on her. She quickly straightened up, dabbing the corners of her eyes and taking a deep breath. Of course, he found a way to crawl underneath her skin.

"Just, fucking don't," Mya shook her head, wondering why she even bothered to entertain Tristan. "You made your choice. You live with it now. Just like I've been."

In fact, she began to question why the hell she was even here in the first place. Suddenly none of it made sense and it was all a nuisance. It was one big stupid distraction and blockade from the person she really wanted to be with right now.

"I have to go," Mya said quickly, brushing past Tristan and wiping her eyes.

"Mya — wait — where are you going?"

"To go see someone," She muttered to herself.

Mya stormed off, breaking into a small jog in her heels to the large front doors of the convention center. Her body and heart yearned for the woman she parted ways with a few hours ago.

Mya managed to get to the shop in one piece, eyes no longer red with tears. She hoped she no longer looked like she was crying after the drive. She parked around the back, several workers noticing the expensive car this time around.

Mya quickly got out of the car, spotting Jessie in a white sports bra and baggy black pants on the far right side of the garage by a lift. A bag of tools were on the ground and Jessie's hair was in the smallest bun Mya had ever seen.

The darker woman sighed heavily, her hands on her hips as the lights of the garage highlighted a light coat of sweat on her skin, looking frustrated.

Mya made her way inside, the sound of heels making Jessie snap her head up to the sound. When her eyes focused on Mya, she smiled.

"Good evening," Mya said shakily as she got within talking range.

Jessie looked a little surprised, eyeing Mya. "It's over already?"

Mya shook her head, stopping more than within reach. She could smell the grime and dirt, but it didn't turn her off one bit. "I left."

"You left?" Jessie's eyebrow went up. "How come?"