- two

"good evening mr. yang."

jeongin first looked at hyunjin bowing. he's never felt such presence in someone in so long, he can tell that this newbie will be special.

'don't think that way, yang! you don't want to go back to your old self!' jeongin thought to himself and kept a straight face.

i wonder what he meant by his 'old self' though. even me, the author, is still thinking what his past is all about.

"ah, you're hyunjin. meet me at my office upstairs, i'll just freshen up. and eri, please take chanmi to the guest room and take care of her while i'm with hyunjin." jeongin said in a monotone voice, heading up to have a short shower.

-

"hwang hyunjin, 23, just graduated a few months ago, correct?"

hyunjin went to mr. yang's own office in the house, seated in front of him. hyunjin couldn't help but be mesmerized by the younger's handsome features. white hair, fox eyes, kissable lips, a tourist attraction if hyunjin would describe it.

"y-yes."

"tell me more about yourself, hyunjin. i'd be needing to know people who're working for me."

"uh, i used be in a lot of pageants in my teen years and as well as dance competitions. that's really the only thing that's interesting about me, i guess."

jeongin stared at the older boy's eyes, making the other a little tense. "m-mr. yang?" hyunjin stuttered when jeongin stared at him for a few seconds.

"r-right. other than that, are you good with taking care of kids?"

"i think i am capable of taking care of them, mr. yang."

'is he asking because of the girl he was with before? is it his daughter? but.. isn't he too young? let's just see.' hyunjin thought to himself yet again.

"you've seen the little girl, right? her name is bang chanmi, she's my stepbrother's daughter. chan hyung's been a dad at an early age and told me he can't take care of chanmi a lot due to his work so he passes her to me from time to time. however, i can't have my eyes on her all the time so i need you two to take care of her while i'm at work. chanmi's already familiar with eri so you just need to earn her trust and she'll act a tad bit nicer." jeongin explained as he crossed his arms.

'oh, so he isn't with anyone. i thought he likes to make girls pregnant and leave without a trace—'

"o-oh, okay mr. yang.. is that all?"

"one more thing. around the day after tomorrow, meet me outside the company i'm working at: fennec fox's main building at around noon. i need to talk about an important matter that you'll be needing to take place in. is the place and time alright?"

"yes."

"okay, that's all. you're free to leave."

-

eri and hyunjin were done at work and got themselves ready to sleep. they're in their bed, staring at the ceiling until eri broke the silence.

"why did mr. yang call you?" she asked and turned to look at hyunjin.

"he asked things about me and told me about chanmi. mr. yang also wants me to go to his building or whatever in two days, he said it's an 'important matter'. i lowkey don't trust him on that one, seems like he's gonna call me there and we'll fuck. some fanfiction type shit." hyunjin rolled his eyes.

"we are in a fanfiction, but okay. and, about chanmi..."

"what about her?"

"she's really something today. she wanted me to introduce you to her because she never saw you before. she even said 'does jeonginnie have a boyfriend now?' where did she even learn that holy shit." eri started to think back if she said anything similar that might've caused chanmi to say something like that.

meanwhile hyunjin, he blushed at what eri said. mr. yang as his boyfriend? IM-FUCKING-POSSIBLE! ...or is it?

"that kid must be smart then."

"she is one of the best students, even if she's just six."

"damn, when i was six i said i wanted to be a rock when i grow up." hyunjin chuckled at the thought.

the rest of the night, they talked until hyunjin heard eri snoring.

-

the sun rised and it's finally morning. to be specific, seven in the morning. quite early. i'm still not asleep at that time for fuck's sake—

hyunjin did his business in the bathroom and headed downstairs to cook breakfast for everyone. as he was in the kitchen cooking, he heard quiet footsteps going towards him.

as if on right timing, he's put all the breakfast in plates and turned around.

it was chanmi.

hyunjin smiled when he saw the little girl smiled at him back. "good morning chanmi!"

"good morning... are you jeonginnie's lover? what's your name?" she asked and sat down by the dining table. the older froze.

"w-what? no, chanmi. i'm like your eri unnie, just working in the house. you can call me hyunjin." hyunjin said and out down all the food at the dining table, he was still a little sleepy though. he took a plate, spoon and fork and as well as getting chanmi's breakfast.

"you can be jeonginnie's lover, jinnie! i'll help you!" chanmi giggled, starting to eat her food.

"jeonginnie's lover you say, hm?" a voice was heard, the two looked up and saw who talked.

-

originally planned chanmi to be jeongin's early kid???? or a younger sister

ok but anyway— why do i feel a lot more tired than usual? it might not show when i text to people but out of the screen, i'd be tired or gloomy or upset for some reason. it's been like this for a few days now idk why help??