"Nope. Nothing that you'll want to look for at least."

"Just- tell me how I can help."

"You can help by letting me focus, y/n. Or if you really wanted to be help, go do what you used to do and go make dinner." I stood up and laughed, it was and wasnt a fake laugh. He was getting me a little irritated, especially with that smart ass comments.

"Anything for you, daddy." I walked towards the kitchen and looked in the cabinets.

Spaghetti.

Only spaghetti ingredients, which is great because I totally know how to make spaghetti. I kept looking and found an almost gone bag of pork rinds. I immediately stuck my hand in the bag and threw some in my mouth, then set the open bag on the counter. I kept looking and found bread, jelly and peanut butter. I found a knife and started making us two sandwiches each, I was hungry. If he didnt want his I could always eat his. I looked in the fridge and found apple juice. I giggled and set two wine glasses out. Their table was huge so I just set dinner at the counter they had, I put a plate cloths down with plate on top of them.

I set forks and knifes out on the right of each plate with both wine glasses filled with apple juice in the right hand corner. I cut the sandwiches into 4 squares and divided them by two, putting 8 on each plate. I had the pork rinds on my plate and found potato chips and put them on his plate. I walked back into the living room and he was crouched down looking at the books closer to the floor. I walked up behind him hopefully quietly enough that he didn't hear me.

I crouched down behind him and put one arm over the front of his chest from over his shoulder and the other held my hand from under his opposite arm. I leaned my head on his back.

"Its ready." I said quietly.

"There is no possible way you made us both dinner in 10 minutes." He said turning his head to look at me.

"Go tell that to the food sitting on the counter." We both stood up and walked towards the kitchen, he was in front of me and when he got there he paused and I ran into him.

"I call the plates with the pork rinds!" He said running towards the kitchen.

"Hey!! That's was my plate!"

"Not anymore its not." He said while shoving his face with pork rinds.

"You see? Food!"

"Is this apple juice?" He asked smelling what was in the wine cup.

"No, its oak sao that I squeezed fresh from the tree out front." He looked at me like I was high.

"Yes, Kai. That is apple juice." I said with a giggle, eating on of the 8 squares of sandwich on my plate. We were wating together quietly until I finally broke the silence.

"Did you find what we came here for?"

"Kind of... I'm going to have to take back more then one book to read find put how to fully escape." I nodded my head and slammed the rest of the apple juice down my throat.

"How do you know the last name Laughlin?"

"My twins last name. She was born a parkee but then her and most of the family decided to change it to Laughlin. Apparently it meant something to our family history and these books will not only help me learn that, but it will probably help me figure out how to escape."

"Great."

"Yup." I looked outside and it was dark out.

"Can I just run us home? I really dont want to drive for two days."

"But what about the truck?"

"Another one will respawn tomorrow. Let's just sleep and then let me run us home tomorrow." He sighed.

"Fine, fine. But where are we gonna sleep?"

"I dont know! This is your house! Can I have a tour?" He laughed while I crossed my fingers in between one another, holding them up against the bottom of my cheek.

"Yeah... that's fine. We can probably both fit in my room so it should be fine."

"Ok!"

He should me his house and the temptations were bad. All the blood from his siblings made my veins burn, it was soaked into the walls, dripping through the floor boards. It made me want to rip someone's head off, but the only person with me was obviously just Kai, and I couldn't do that to myself or him.

"This is it. Big bed, tiny room."

His room was literally a huge bed on the corner on the floor, a blue bed spread and a tiny dresser that didnt even fit in his room.

"Jesus." I said as I fell back first on the bed, my body bounced from impact and I could hear the springs in the bed.

"Not bad," I commented and he chuckled as he laid down next to me.

"Better then hay I guess." He looked at me and nodded.

"Yeah... I'd take hay over this any day though."

"Why?"

"Because that means I could've been an orphan then in an abusive house."

"Yeah, makes sense." He rolled over on his side to face me, I turned my head towards him and he put his hand on my cheek.

"What about you?" He asked as I faced my body towards him, then he pushed hair out of my face.

"I'd rather change my father then the place I was raised. My mother was nice when father wasn't around, and I'd never want to leave my brothers."

"Yeah, true. Do you regret it?" He said slowly inching closer to me.

"That's a hard question to answer. I dont regret leaving, in fact I wish I would've left sooner. But I regret not checking in with them, I mean I was gone for 45 years. I should've done something about finding them, or at least watching them from afar. I regret not thinking about them until I had nothing else to think about."

"Your life sounds so fucked up."

"Yeah but at least I didnt kill my family." I said with a smile and he chuckled genuinely, so I knew it didn't hurt him.

"Hey, at least I'm not a maniac that murdered thousands of people within 45 years." I giggled and he slid his arm down my body, having it rest on the curve of my hip.

"Touche." I said sliding closer to him. I lifted my hand and ran it behind his neck and through his hair. We were quiet for a while, just looking at each other.

"How long do you think we'll be in here for?" I asked.

"I dont know Angel. Hopefully no longer then 20 years."

"20 years?" I asked with a sigh.

"Yeah, I know. You've been in here long enough and you want out, but its gonna take time."

"Yeah... I know."

"But we are almost a year in already, time will fly!"

"Yeah, your right."