Ch. 12; Regiments

Start from the beginning

Aila and Annie finished their breakfast and headed to the training grounds for their daily training. Today's training is hand to to hand combat training, the cadets got into group formation and awaited the commandants' orders. "ATTENTION!", Sadies yelled, "Today is your last day of training here! You will be choosing your regiments today, so I would say your goodbyes to the cadets that plan on going to different regiments, as you will rarely see each other", he said as he stood in front of them looking ever so stern. He pulled a paper out from behind him, "Now! I will assign you partners to train with, when I say yours and your partners' name, find them and continue on towards the training grounds and pick up a wooden knife, then you will practice your hand to hand combat skills and await for my order to stop. IS THAT UNDERSTOOD?", he yelled. "YES SIR!", the cadets all shouted as they saluted, Sadies began to call names. Although Aila loved Annie, when it came to hand to hand combat training, she's the last person she wants to be paired with. "Cadet Leonhart and cadet Kirstein!", he called, Aila sighed in relief. Jean began to sweat immensely as he and Annie headed off to the grounds, then again, any normal person would. Sadies continued to call names, each leaving one by one to beat each other senseless. "Cadet Braun and cadet Brandt!", Aila's eyes grew wide, she looked to her left to see Reiner begin to walk towards her with that fake smile he wears on his face. She clenched her fists, she wanted to kill him for what he and Bertholdt had done, but she composed herself at the thought of them hurting Annie, Sasha, or Mikasa. Reiner finally caught up to her, "Well let's get to it Brandt", Aila nodded and glared at him. She couldn't smile at him to pretend even if she tried, her hatred ran too deep.

They eventually got to the training grounds, when Aila looked to her left, she saw Jean laying on the ground with his backside flipped over his head, she couldn't help but chuckle a bit. "Damn Annie, go easy on him", she thought to herself. When they found a space to train in, Aila tossed Reiner the knife, "Uh, you sure you want me to come after you? I might hurt you", Aila scoffed at the remark, "What, you afraid of a girl?" "No, I'm just not gonna hold back, get ready cause here I come!", he shouted as he began to run forwards. Aila stayed straight faced and ducked to the side, avoiding the knife. She came up from behind him and whoosh! POW! She spun and used her backhand to hit his face. He fell backwards and held onto his behind, "J-Jeez! That hurt!", he complained. Aila put her hands on her hips, "You said you were coming at me without holding back, I won't hold back either", she said giving Reiner the death glare. This sent a chill down his spine, he stood back up and began to run at her again. He aimed for her stomach, but she evaded it, leaning to the side. She went under him again and flipped his arms into the air, then threw her knee up and POW! She kneed him in the ribs, making him fall to his knees coughing. "AGHCK! ECK ECK! W-What the hell?!", he asked as he looked up at her with spit trailing out of his mouth, Aila bent down and looked him in the eyes, "Please tell me this isn't all you've got you muscle man". Reiner stood back up, catching his breath, "H-Hey, we come from Shiganshina we should be working toge-", he was cut off with a kick to the throat. Aila's eyes were wide with fury, she clenched her teeth and kicked his torso, making him gasp. Once he was down, she knelt above him and belted him with her fists, while shouting, "DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! YOU PIECE OF SHIT DIE ALREADY!", she continued to belt him, his face turned to a bloody pulp. He looked like a zombie, Aila was so fueled by rage she didn't realize that a crowd had formed around her. When Bertholdt noticed, he ran over and grabbed Aila's shoulder, trying to make her snap out of it, however, Aila turned her head to see who it was and grabbed him by the wrist, twisting it as she rested her hand on his abs, flipping him over. She got off of Reiner, who was unconscious, and walked to Bertholdt, kicking him in his face over and over again. She repeated what she did with Reiner and began punching him as well, making him bleed into an unconscious state. She started yelling again, "WHY DO PIECES OF SHIT LIKE YOU TWO HAVE TO LIVE?! YOU DAMN DEMONS! I'LL KILL YOU BOTH!". Annie noticed the commotion and ran over, pushing others out of the way. When she realized it was Aila and who she was hitting, she immediately rushed to her side and hugged her from behind shouting, "AILA! STOP! Stop it... please..", Aila turned her head and saw Annie looking into her eyes with desperate eyes. Aila halted, her fist shaking and lingering in the air. She got off of Bertholdt and fell to her knees, sobbing into Annie's chest.