TEN

CHAPTER TEN!
- romeo and juliet

' is this the real life
or is this just fantasy'

⋆ ⭑ ☆ ⭑ ⋆

"Avifors." Florence uttered the spell.

Transfiguration was the last lesson of the day and Professor Mcgonagall had tasked them with the Avifors spell turning small objects into birds.

Florence gasped at the sight of the pink tea cup turning into a little bird, which started fluttering around her desk. Even though she had grown up around magic for her whole life, it still never failed to amaze her.

She turned to James, who was sat on her right, to see that he had also turned the tea cup into a bird. His light brown eyes were wide, amusedly staring at the small creature that was now flying around his head in circles.

"What are you going to name him?" James asked when he noticed Florence staring.

"Romeo seems quite fitting." Florence laughed, looking at the two birds following each other around in the air they were definitely in love (the birds, that is).

"Then i'll definitely have to call mine Juliet." James laughed.

"Well, let's just hope they don't have quite a tragic ending." Florence pointed out, she wasn't a big fan of sad endings which is why she sometimes didn't read the endings to books that she knew were going to be sad.

"We'll have to protect them from Minnie then, who knows what she does with the birds after the lesson." James said, not wanting any harm to come to his little bird.

"We definitely need to keep an eye on her, Merlin forbid she touches Romeo or Juliet."

"I'll hold her back while you save them." James told Florence when he noticed the Professor walking up to them.

"I see more talking over here and less magic." Professor Mcgonagall exclaimed from behind James and Florence. "I see that you've both successfully done the spell, now it's time to see if you can turn them back."

As soon as the Professor had said that,  James and Florence both stared up at her like she'd just told them dogs were now extinct and Quidditch was cancelled forever.

"Minnie that would be like murder!" James declared, still staring wide-eyed at her.

"Not like murder Professor, it is murder!" Florence stated dramatically.

"Potter, Valentine, we have turned animals back into the objects before many times. I do not see what all the fuss is about." The Professor stared at her two students with a baffled expression, never in her many years of teaching had this ever happened, (and by this, she means being accused of murder).

"But Minnie, we named them! You can't expect us to kill them after we named them."

"Next time Potter, i'll remember to tell you before you name them. The spell doesn't last forever anyway, so I suggest you turn them back into the tea cups." And with that the Professor walked off, grumbling something about retiring early and never catching a break.